Syfy Announces Early Details for 31 Days of Halloween 2015 Including 4 New Original Movies
Be afraid… be very afraid. Syfy’s 8th annual “31 Days of Halloween” spook-a-thon will unleash more than 600 hours of blood-curdling programming from October 1-31, including ghoulish “Ghost Hunters” and “Paranormal Witness” holiday-themed episodes and four spooky new original movies.
Read on for the highlights!
SYFY’S 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN 2015 (ALL TIMES ET/PT)
- Night of the Wild (New original movie, Saturday, October 3, at 9PM) — When a large meteor crashes into a quiet town, pet dogs become mysteriously aggressive, attacking and killing the residents. Night of the Wild stars Rob Morrow (“Northern Exposure”), Kelly Rutherford (“Gossip Girl”), and Tristin Mays (“The Vampire Diaries”).
- Ominous (New original movie, Saturday, October 10, at 9PM) — Michael and Rachel are devastated when their six-year-old son dies in a tragic accident. When a stranger offers to bring the boy back to life, they take the offer. However, the child who returns is not the child they once knew. Ominous stars Barry Watson (“Masters of Sex,” “7th Heaven”) and Esme Bianco (“Game of Thrones,” “The Magicians”).
- They Found Hell (New original movie, Saturday, October 17, at 9PM) — When a group of gifted college students run a secret teleportation experiment, they accidentally open a portal to another dimension, trapping them in Hell. One by one they are hunted, tortured, and killed by the denizens of Hell who are bent on stealing their souls. They Found Hell stars Chris Schellenger (Hacker’s Game), Katy Reece (When the Pile Is Crooked), and Austin Scott (Prep School).
- The Hollow (New original movie, Saturday, October 24, at 9PM) — On Halloween three troubled sisters attempt to find tranquility by moving in with their aunt, but instead face a mysterious creature that threatens to kill everyone on their secluded island town. The Hollow stars Stephanie Hunt (“Californication”), Alisha Newton (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters), and Sarah Dugdale (Sorority Murders).
- “Ghost Hunters” Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28, at 9PM) — In this special Halloween episode, “Darker Learning,” Jason Hawes and the TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society) team go on location to investigate the legend of a mysterious love triangle that could be at the root of frightening paranormal activity at Southern Vermont College in Bennington, VT.
- “Paranormal Witness” Halloween Episode (Wednesday, October 28, at 10PM) — The true story of a Rhode Island family’s terrifying battle with the spirit of a murderous witch in their home will be explored in this special episode of the series. Titled “The Real Conjuring,” the episode details the frightening basis for the hit 2013 movie The Conjuring, which will also air on Syfy Saturday, October 31, at 9PM.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN will also summon a coven of Syfy theatrical premieres ranging from I Am Legend and Orphan to Insidious: Chapter 2, as well as all-new episodes of chilling scripted series such as “Z Nation,” “Haven,” and “Dominion” (Season 2 finale airs October 1).
The scarefest will also include encores of spooky treats such as Blade II; Underworld; The Fog; Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning; The Cabin in the Woods; The Omen (2006); The Last Exorcism; Fright Night (2011); Hostel; and Silent Hill: Revelation.