Late horror legends Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee came together to face the supernatural power of the titular relic in Amicus Productions’ 1965 classic The Skull. Now, a mere 50 years later, Eureka! Entertainment have revealed that the film will hit UK shelves on October 26 in a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack sporting a brand new 1080p restoration.
Adapted from a short story by Robert Bloch (Psycho) and with a score by avant-garde composer Elisabeth Lutyens, The Skull stars Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and Patrick Wymark and is directed by Paranoiac‘s Freddie Francis.
Special Features on this new release include:
- Exclusively restored 1080p presentation of the film on Blu-ray
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New video interview with film scholar Jonathan Rigby
- New video interview with critic and author Kim Newman
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and new artwork
- Limited Edition collector’s booklet
Peter Cushing stars as Dr. Christopher Maitland, a writer and collector of occult items (with a preference for those with a somewhat macabre history), who is offered the chance to purchase a highly expensive and unusual item – the skull of the Marquis de Sade.
Warned against obtaining the item by a fellow collector (Christopher Lee in a rare non-villainous
role), the skull’s influence draws Maitland in. Madness and death soon follow…