No one is happier about the success of our experimental Zombieworld than we are for one HUGE reason… there are now talented indie filmmakers out there from all over the world getting the exposure they so richly deserve! That being said… it’s time to try it again on a monster-sized level with Monsterworld!
Pre-production on our new anthology Monsterworld has officially begun.
Survivors across the world struggle to overcome horrifying circumstances during a monster apocalypse.
Monsterworld (tentatively titled; subject to change) will be another anthology of blood, guts, and mayhem brought to life by a group of exciting new directors from around the world. “Monsterworld is such a great opportunity to dive into the mind of visionary genre filmmakers,” says Ruthless Pictures’ Jesse Baget. “I know they will not limit themselves to the expected. A ferocious toothbrush, a carnivorous toenail… hey, with Monsterworld anything goes. I’m definitely ready to be blown away by the monster madness our contestants will be cooking up.”
Dread Central has always been incredibly indie film-friendly so here’s what’s on tap for you guys: Monsterworld already has WORLDWIDE distribution from one of the horror genre’s finest purveyors so we can guarantee that no matter what, you’re gonna get the exposure and notoriety that you deserve. Monsterworld is without question the open door you have been looking for. That being said, here’s how to enter.
Send us your entry by clicking on the link you see below to a form and fill it out with a private link or the actual HD file of your film. From there, both Ruthless Pictures and Dread Central staff will watch the films and select the best of the best to be included in the project, and selected winners will also nab themselves $100 in the process. But what if your film is the best of the best? Well then, not only will you be included in the anthology, we’ll also hand over to you a check for $500.
Things to Keep in Mind When Submitting:
- There is no cost to submit your film.
- We will be accepting digital files (uploaded private Vimeo and or YouTube links are welcome).
- If your film is chosen, you will be required to provide an HD File.
- Films should be between 2 and 20 minutes long.
- By submitting a film, you must guarantee that it is your own fully licensed original work (i.e., music rights, etc.).
- By submitting your film, you will also guarantee that no laws were broken during the filming and making of (i.e., no animals or people were jeopardized or harmed).
- Submissions will be accepted beginning March 16, 2105, through June 15, 2015.
- Winners will be announced right here on Dread Central on August 15, 2015.
- By submitting your film, you grant us the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for the project’s promotional purposes, without limitations.
- Please read the full terms and conditions listed below.
That’s it, kids! Good luck and get to it!
DreadCentral/Ruthless Pictures Monsterworld short film competition
Any questions please write to: Monsterworldfilm@gmail.com
Definitions. Capitalized words used herein have the following meanings:
“Company” means Ruthless Pictures, LLC (“Monsterworld” or “DreadCentral”)
“Entrant” means an individual who has validly registered to take part in the competition.
“Film” or “short” means a film which an Entrant sends to the Monsterworld email address Monsterworldfilm@gmail.com.
“Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions.
In order to post a Film for the Monsterworld Director Competition, the following must be adhered to;
- Entrant must enter valid contact details.
- Entrant must accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Entrant must first upload your short to Vimeo™ or Youtube™ and then link to the Official Monsterworld email address Monsterworldfilm@gmail.com.
- Entrant must not upload any film which contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must not upload any Film which contains branded segments unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must keep your Film between (2) minutes and (20) minutes in length.
- Entrant film should be full frame 16×9
- Entrant must make sure to have everybody who appears recognizably in your film execute a talent release form
- Entrant must make sure all music and songs are cleared for use within this competition by the appropriate parties.
- Entrant must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they live.
- At the Companies’ direction, entrant maybe asked to deliver a HD version to the Ruthless Pictures office.
- Entrant must note that your content may become the exclusive property in perpetuity of Ruthless Pictures, LLC, if Ruthless Pictures/DreadCentral notifies you by email that you are a winner in the competition.
By uploading a Film, you agree that:
- The Company has the absolute right to review and reject at any time any short Film which Company deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, is unacceptable.
- You understand that Company is not required to give any reason for its determination that a Film is unacceptable
- By uploading a Film, you are not transferring any rights of ownership in the Film to Company or any other third party.
- Members of the public may view Films posted to the Dreadcentral or Ruthless Pictures website
- After uploading a Film, you are not restricted in your use of the Film and may continue to exhibit it in other venues and online
- The eventual winners will be announced on August 15th, 2015 and his/her short will be included in the Monsterworld feature film.
- By uploading your Film, and in consideration for Company agreeing to accept your Film in this competition, you are granting Company an exclusive and irrevocable option to acquire all the rights in your Film should it win the competition. The Company may exercise its option at any time it chooses within 3 months of the end of the competition by notifying you by email. On exercise of the option and payment of a one-off payment of USD$100, the Company shall become the owner in perpetuity of your Film and shall be entitled (but not obligated) to include the Film in the Company’s production “Monsterworld”.
- Grand prize winner will receive $500 and have their film included in the Monsterworld feature film.
If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree to participate in reasonable publicity and promotional activities as required by Company and agree that the Company may publish your name and biographical information via the Company’s website and any other media. If your Film is included in the Company’s production “Monsterworld” you agree that the Company is entitled to publish your name, appearance, and biographical details in connection with the Film.
- If your Film is selected as one of the winners of the competition you agree, if required by the Company, to enter into a director agreement or similar in connection with your participation in the Company’s film on the usual terms and conditions applying to such agreements.
- Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that you have the full right and authority to upload and send your Film to the Monsterworld email address Monsterworldfilm@gmail.com and that the posting of same will not violate any rights of any persons.
Indemnity. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless if Company incurs any loss, cost, or expense (including attorneys’ fees), due to any claim by you or any other parties relating to the submission of your film or the posting of your Film on the Dreadcentral official website.
Notices. All notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered by e-mail to each party’s last known email address.
Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
Amendment. The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting notice thereof on its website. Upon posting, the amended Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein shall represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the United States of America.
Disclaimer. It is possible that Films which you submit may be downloaded or copied by third parties without Company’s permission, and you waive any claim against the Company for such actions.
Further Actions. You agree to execute any and all documents and take any other actions reasonably required to effectuate the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. You grant us a power of attorney for such purposes (it being acknowledged that such appointment is irrevocable and coupled with an interest) with full power of substitution and delegation if you fail to do so within five (5) business days of our written request.
Execution. By submitting your film, you are “signing” these Terms and Conditions for all purposes under applicable law.
- One-Eye ROAD GAMES is great. Although it's no secret Curtis had a bad experience shooting in Australia, so I guess that colours her memory of the film.
- Christopher Parker Howard I'm curious what people found so scary, or even original about this film. It's a 2 hour family drama with 15 minutes of supernatural horror all at the end. There was some great disturbing imagery for...
- Andrew Lyall I love stuff like this, keep em coming!
- Dread Central I kind of need to read this now.
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
THE ENDLESS UK DVD Review – Benson & Moorhead Head Back To Camp Lovecraft
Blumhouse and Facebook Team for New Series Based on THE HANDLESS MAIDEN
Cinepocalypse 2018: HEAVY TRIP Review – Heavy Passion and Heavy Laughs
First Look: Matt Shaw’s MONSTER Based on Amazon Best-Seller
Aliens Invade Summer Camp in New Netflix Movie from THE BABYSITTER Director
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
Exclusive: ANOTHER WOLFCOP Cheers to…Abstinence?
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
News5 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News6 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
News6 days ago
TALES FROM THE HOOD 2 Opens This Year’s Fantasia Film Fest
News5 days ago
HEREDITARY Officially Box-Office Hit
News4 days ago
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
News4 days ago
E3 2018: Sega Release Ultraviolent Trailer For FIST OF THE NORTH STAR: LOST PARADISE: US Version Will Contain Extra Gore
News3 days ago
THE WITCHES Remake Snags One of the Biggest Directors of All-Time