Catch Up With Da Vinci's Demons Over Memorial Day Weekend
It just figures that as soon as we missed a few episodes of "Da Vinci's Demons," they went and introduced Vlad Dracula into the mix. If you're in the same boat, don't worry; you can catch up this weekend!
Leading up to the all new Episode 1.07, “The Hierophant,” premiering Friday, May 31st, at 9pm ET/PT, Starz will present special Memorial Day Weekend Marathons of the Original Series “Da Vinci’s Demons” beginning Friday, May 24th, with the three latest episodes of the series (1.04, 1.05, and 1.06) airing back-to-back at 9pm ET/PT. Viewers can also watch the ENTIRE season so far (Episodes 1.01 through 1.06) on Saturday, May 25th, and Sunday, May 26th, on Starz Edge, beginning at 9pm ET/PT each night.
The series stars Tom Riley as a 25-year-old Leonardo da Vinci on the cusp of greatness, with intellect and talents that are almost superhuman; Laura Haddock as Lucrezia Donati, a celebrated beauty with obscure motives; Elliot Cowan as the shrewd de facto ruler of Florence, Lorenzo Medici; Lara Pulver as his wife, Clarice Orsini; and Blake Ritson as Pope Sixtus’ ruthless bastard son, Count Riario. David S. Goyer served as showrunner.
Here are the episode synopses along with a preview of the Memorial Day Marathon and a video in which David Goyer shares his insights on the history of the Duke of Urbino and his unique characteristics:
· Episode 1.01 “The Hanged Man” – Rising artisan Leonardo da Vinci is commissioned by the powerful Medicis to create an Easter spectacle in Florence. After some maneuvering, da Vinci is hired to engineer war machines. A mysterious Turk intrigues Leonardo.
· Episode 1.02 “The Serpent” – Leonardo continues his quest for the Book of Leaves. The Pope’s nephew arrives and meets his spy. Leonardo’s war designs fail, causing a rift with the Medicis. The Pope learns of Leonardo’s prowess.
· Episode 1.03 “The Prisoner” – Riario discusses his defeat with the Pope and a mysterious prisoner. An outbreak of demonic possession at a convent is blamed on the Medicis, but Leonardo searches for a rational explanation.
· Episode 1.04 “The Magician” – Becchi is arrested and accused of being a spy for Rome. The armies of Rome and Florence face off, and Leonardo reveals his latest weapon.
· Episode 1.05 “The Tower” – Lorenzo orders Piero da Vinci to defend his estranged son in court. During a performance for visiting royalty, Leonardo surprises the corrupt judge. Back at his workshop, Leonardo is surprised by the Turk.
· Episode 1.06 “The Devil” – A clue from the Turk about the Book of Leaves sends Leonardo to Wallachia, where he encounters Vlad Dracula. Lorenzo and Piero meet the Duke of Urbino. The search for the true spy continues.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Find a rational explanation for demons in the comments section below!