More Unseen Artwork: The Original Return of the Living Dead ... in 3D?

The San Diego Reader's Jay Allen Sanford is back with another batch of unused artwork for some of Hollywood's biggest (and littlest) flicks, and while this latest treasure trove of goodies is light on horror, it does reveal a little known factoid that you may have been completely unaware of.

Below you'll find unused artwork for the 1985 Dan O'Bannon classic The Return of the Living Dead which reveals that two years prior to its release the film was conceived as a 3D feature. Nifty, no?

Head on over to Jay's blog for more artwork from The Ninth Configuration, Mac and Me, The Inheritors, The Rosary Murders, and even Meatballs III!

More Unseen Artwork: The Original Return of the Living Dead ... in 3D?

More Unseen Artwork: The Original Return of the Living Dead ... in 3D?

Discover hidden treasures in the comments section below!

Source: The San Diego Reader

James Coker's picture

LifeMi: I loved the Zombies dealing with loss of humanity part of ROTLD3 and the zombies at the ending looked fantastic but for me it was the romeo and juliet aspect and the very ending that I just couldn't stand

Submitted by James Coker on Mon, 12/12/2011 - 3:05am.
LifeMi's picture

I think the Romeo and Juliet elements are what divide people, because there's not a lot of horror and zombie action. I'm more of a story guy, so I'm down with a great story over great gore and felt the story of Curt and Julie was genuinely horrific and touching.

Submitted by LifeMi on Mon, 12/12/2011 - 11:01am.
James Coker's picture

why fellow Horror fans actually dig Return of the living Dead part 3 will always boggle my mind

Submitted by James Coker on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 8:39pm.
LifeMi's picture

It's been a while since I've seen it to be fair, but I've always liked ROTLD 3. I appreciate the style and the concept; how many times do we see zombies dealing with their loss of humanity? I dug the Romeo and Juliet-esqueness of the story and thought the ending was great.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 10:40pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Hm, also when Hooper was gonna direct. Do I smell a Return of the Living Dead remake in 3D?

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 3:35am.
Vanvance1's picture

Bite your tongue, dude!

The Return sequels range from amusing to absymal. A remake is a terrible idea.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 6:42pm.
LifeMi's picture

ROTLD 2 was an amateurish disaster, but I liked ROTLD 3 quite a bit. Never worked up the courage to see 4 and 5.

Submitted by LifeMi on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 7:08pm.