Platinum Dunes to Bring Us a Monster Squad Remake

The horror comedy hit The Monster Squad holds a very special place in the hearts of horror fans everywhere as it reunited some of the most classic movie monsters ever into one fun film that's riddled with subtle homages. Today news broke of a remake coming our way from the most unlikely of places. That could be a very good thing!

According to Bloody Disgusting Platinum Dunes is producing the remake of The Monster Squad for Paramount Pictures. PD isn't exactly known for making kid-friendly features so it will be interesting to see in which direction they go with this flick. Will they play it close to formula and deliver the film for laughs, or could they step up and deliver our favorite monsters in R-rated form? I wouldn't mind seeing the latter. Either way, this is gonna be really interesting.

Look for more soon!

Join the squad in the Dread Central forums.

fuck
James Coker's picture

fuck

Submitted by James Coker on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 6:45pm.

I think Asylum is the one who killed Creativity. I'm not usually one to jump on the bash the remake bandwagon but I think I will for this one.

Submitted by thedarkestshadow on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 3:21pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

Dear Platinum Dunes, I think I speak for pretty much everybody here when I say:

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:02pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Ha! Great clip man! I don't think I've ever seen one of their movie.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:06pm.
Floydian Trip's picture

Correction, I have seen 3 of them. But seeing as how their first movie came out in 2003 they didn't do anything to the genre except jump in on the crappyness of it thaqt began nearly 2 decades before they came along.

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:10pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

I'm proud to say I haven't seen ANY Platinum Dunes movies and that will never change.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 3:33pm.
Tshoffie's picture

when all is said and done Platnum dunes will be remembered as the company that Raped horror and killed Creativity

Submitted by Tshoffie on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 9:16am.
LifeMi's picture

As much as I hate PD, they're far from the only company responsible for the horror slump. I remember hearing about this movie a year or two ago, but wasn't it supposed to be an original film that had nothing to do with Dekker's film?

Submitted by LifeMi on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 9:36am.
Floydian Trip's picture

I got it! It was called Scream!

Submitted by Floydian Trip on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 1:59pm.
jkincer's picture

***Just shakes head sadly and sighs***

Submitted by jkincer on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 7:05am.
Mr.Hateful's picture

Is it April 1st? **looks at calender** Wtf is this? It's only March 18th. You've gotta be kidding me.

Mr.Hateful

Submitted by Mr.Hateful on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 10:49pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Must...not....bitch.....
AW, fuckn' hell, I give up. Game over man, game over.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 10:01pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Pardon? It's unusual for Platinum Dunes to butt fuck a famous horror flick into a hack remake? Who else has been doing it for the last few years?

I'll answer your question in advance: It will be aimed at teens and children and will not be R rated.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 9:29pm.
Rob's picture

Huh...wow.

Well...um, at least they'll get a good actor for Dracula?

Though I have to admit, this is slightly better than the rumor of Rob Cohen that surfaced last year.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 9:23pm.

Rob Cohen is producing the remake with the Dunies and still hopes to direct it.

Submitted by Cody on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 11:52pm.
Rob's picture

...oh. Well, fuck. Rob Cohen and Platinum Dunes. There's a frightening image.

Submitted by Rob on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 11:55pm.

A frightening image? Clearly you've never seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0xgRA_Sk0

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 9:50am.
NYC-Hearts's picture

Pleasing. It's been commonly-recognized for quite a long time that Monster Squad would be really improved with 150% more grit and 200% more shakicam...

Submitted by NYC-Hearts on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 9:18pm.
moderator SCIENCE!!! LOL

SCIENCE!!!

LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 10:00pm.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Submitted by The Butcher on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 9:06pm.

Are you guys trying to give me an ulcer today or something? Anything with Platinum Dunes spells shit.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 8:57pm.
The Unknown Murderer's picture

There's no 'h' in Platinum Dunes, but you're absolutely right.

Platinum Dunes does spell Shit. And if there was another 'i', it would spell 'dipshit'.

Hell, Platinum Dunes also spells 'DipShit.'

I'm gritting my teeth right now, and no, I still won't eat shit through a straw.

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 10:44am.

You're right, you can't find an 'h' in Platinum Dunes but you can find 'mundane'!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Fri, 03/19/2010 - 2:38pm.