John Carpenter’s The Thing – Arrow Reveals Stunning New Artwork!
I’m not one to like too many bits of revised artwork for some of my favorite movies. Case in point: John Carpenter’s The Thing, which is home to one of my absolute favorite bits of poster art. But this? This I LIKE. I really like!
Read on for the new artwork (which comes in addition to the original) and details for Arrow’s 4K restoration of this truly classic film.
Newly restored by Arrow Video and now available in a stunning Steelbook release limited to 4,000 units, you can pre-order your copy via Arrow here or via Amazon here. The release date is 23rd October 2017.
THE ULTIMATE IN ALIEN TERROR:
Over the years, star Kurt Russell and master of horror John Carpenter have teamed up on a multitude of films (Big Trouble in Little China and Escape from New York, to name a few) – but of all their collaborations, 1982’s horror/sci-fi amalgam The Thing surely tops the list.
A research team based out in the snowy wilds of Antarctica find themselves besieged by a terrifying, shape-shifting creature which has found its way into their base. When it becomes clear that the creature can take the form of any organism it so chooses, the tension within the team reaches a breaking point – any one of them could be… The Thing.
Critically panned at the time of its release, John Carpenter’s The Thing has rightly gone on to become one of the most celebrated sci-fi horror efforts ever made – now newly restored by Arrow Video in a stunning 4K transfer supervised by Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey.
- Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
- Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing – an all-new feature-length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter’s terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew as well as authors, historians, and critics
- 1982: One Amazing Summer – an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
- John Carpenter’s The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – archive documentary on the background and production of the film
- Vintage Featurettes
- Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
- Still Galleries