Michael Dougherty’s latest holiday horror flick, Krampus, is finally coming home on Blu-ray and DVD, and we’ve got all the details and a fresh stocking full of coal for you right here.
From the Press Release:
An ancient demonic avenger lays siege to an unsuspecting family in Krampus, a truly terrifying, darkly comedic tale coming to Digital HD on April 12, 2016, and Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and On Demand on April 26, 2016, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. From Michael Dougherty (writer and director of cult horror favorite Trick ’r Treat, writer of X-Men: Apocalypse), Krampus is “a must see film” (We Got This Covered) that delivers inventively nasty laughs as it plunges viewers into a nightmarish world ruled by a legendary monster bent on total destruction, punishing those who have lost faith. Krampus on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD also comes with exclusive bonus features including an alternate ending, deleted scenes, gag reel, and extended scenes.
When his dysfunctional family clashes over the holidays, young Max (Emjay Anthony) is disillusioned and turns his back on Christmas. Little does he know, this lack of festive spirit has unleashed the wrath of Krampus: a demonic force of ancient evil intent on punishing non-believers. All hell breaks loose as beloved holiday icons take on a monstrous life of their own, laying siege to the fractured family’s home and forcing them to fight for each other if they hope to survive.
Adam Scott (“Parks and Recreation,” Black Mass,) Toni Collette (Little Miss Sunshine, The Sixth Sense), David Koechner (Anchorman Series), and Allison Tolman (TV’s “Fargo”) star in this gleefully gory horror thriller that delivers the kind of deep, dark laughs and hair-raising scares that make for a delightfully twisted holiday classic.
Blu-ray and DVD Special Features:
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Naughty Ones: Meet the Cast – At the center of this crazed story, filled with horrifying creatures and massive set pieces, are some of the funniest and most talented actors working today. This piece shines a light on the cast of Krampus as they share their experiences making this movie.
- Galleries – Still Images from the Set
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Michael Dougherty and Co-Writers Todd Casey and Zach Shields
Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features:
- Krampus and His Minions – In this exclusive feature see how Krampus and his twisted underlings gave the visual-effects superstars at Peter Jackson’s New Zealand-based Weta Workshop some creative and technical challenges. Viewers will have an insider look at how Krampus and his evil minions were created and executed.
- Practical Danger – Stunt Coordinator Rodney Cook walks viewers through how the film’s thrilling stunts were done live on set while facing challenges with the creatures, children, and set design.
- Inside the Snowglobe: Production Design – Filming almost entirely on sound stages in the middle of summer in New Zealand, the art department and special effects team had to pull out all of their tricks to create sets that were realistic, ready for stunts and practical effects, all while creating the look of a winter wonderland.
- Behind the Scenes at Weta Workshop: Krampus – Go behind the scenes at the world famous Weta Workshop to see how they brought the amazing creatures to life.
- Dougherty’s Vision – In this featurette director Michael Dougherty, along with the film’s cast and crew, reveals how his approach informed the tone, pacing, humor, and performances of Krampus.