Prepare for the End with The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
Imagine the world as a dystopian wasteland. Rotting feet shuffle over dirty pavement. The air is clammy with the stink of putrid flesh. An ominous silence is broken only by the mournful moans of the undead. When zombies have taken over, what’s a survivor to do?
Hunker down, fortify bases, set traps, and salvage supplies, that’s what. Because before fleeing their compromised homes, savvy survivors snatched up a copy of The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, available October 25th from No Starch Press.
We have more details and some sample art by Miran Lipovaca below.
In this indispensable text, expert hardware hacker and zombie anthropologist Simon Monk gives readers all they need to survive an undead uprising. The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse: Defend Your Base with Simple Circuits, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi covers everything from identifying basic zombie types to crafting essential electronics.
Take charge of the environment:
- Monitor zombie movements with trip wires and motion sensors
- Keep vigilant watch over the compound with surveillance cameras
- Power anti-zombie systems with car batteries, bicycle generators, and solar power
Escape imminent danger:
- Repurpose old disposable cameras for zombie-distracting flashbangs
- Open doors remotely for a successful sprint home
- Prevent disasters with fire and smoke detectors
Communicate with other survivors:
- Hail nearby humans with Morse code
- Pass silent messages with two-way vibration walkie-talkies
- Scan radio stations with an automatic frequency hopper
Founder Bill Pollock, last seen barricading his office door with Commodore 64s and crates of bourbon, was unavailable for comment. However, a flash drive unearthed in the rubble of the No Starch Press office had this to say: “The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse is for any survival-minded maker who wants to learn how to utilize their surroundings, use salvaged parts, generate their own power, and develop maker and survivor skills.”
For anyone from the complete beginner to the keen hobbyist, The Maker’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse is an essential survival tool and will be available everywhere this October.