Vinegar Syndrome will release the 1989 French horror-thriller Deadly Games aka Dial Code Santa Claus on 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray combo pack on October 27th.
Newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original negative, the film is presented in French with newly-translated English subtitles. Reversible artwork is included. The special limited edition embossed slipcover designed by Tom Hodge is limited to 4,000 units and is only available at VinegarSyndrome.com
Check out the killer cover art and full list of special features below.
- Interview with writer/director René Manzor
- Interview with actor Alain Musy
- Still gallery with commentary by writer/director René Manzor
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Multiple storyboards & scene comparisons
- Synapse – 1981 short film directed by René Manzor
- Pre-trailer model shots
- “Merry Christmas” Bonnie Tyler music video
- French, English, and Italian trailers
- French teaser trailer
- French TV spots
Noted for its similarities to Home Alone, it centers on young Thomas who is obsessed with action movies and video games. So much so that, when his mother is out, he delights in turning the sprawling mansion where he and his invalid grandfather live into a makeshift battleground; concocting and setting elaborate traps. Home alone, grandfather aside, on Christmas Eve, Thomas is soon faced with an unexpected – and very unwelcome – guest, a department store Santa Claus who is, in fact, a deranged escapee from a nearby asylum! Putting his skills into action, Thomas begins an all out assault against the murderous Saint Nick, rather than risking his Christmas turning into something closer to Halloween…