Outbreak: The New Nightmare will be released on Steam and Xbox One on January 3rd, and we have all the details on the game you could need right here courtesy of the official press release. Read on!
From the Press Release:
Outbreak: The New Nightmare (Xbox One) is pre-orderable NOW and launches on January 3, 2018, on Xbox One with a 20% launch discount off the $8.99 MSRP. The Xbox One release is a special single-player edition that is offered at a reduced price point compared to the Steam version.
Outbreak: The New Nightmare on Steam is also leaving Steam Early Access and transitioning to a full release on or around Jan. 5th, 2018. When it transitions, the price will be increasing. The Steam version supports up to 4-player co-op throughout the entire game or alone as a single-player experience. The Steam version will be on sale for 50% off its MSRP of $11.99 (Early Access Price) from Dec. 21st, 2017 through Jan. 4th, 2018 to celebrate the upcoming transition out of Early Access. A discount this big will not be available for a long time, so GRAB IT NOW before the price increases!
Outbreak: The New Nightmare (Available Now on Steam) is the next chapter in the Outbreak series (Original Also Available Now on Steam! And Xbox One!). Get dragged back to the roots of hardcore survival horror in beautiful high-definition 3D. Experience a brutal fight for survival with new characters, weapons, cinematic camera angles, modern gameplay flourishes and much more. You’ll try to survive as you balance a limited inventory, scrounge for supplies and attempt to reach safety. Cooperate with your team and live (Steam version only), or face a horrifying fate. You only have one life. Make it count!
Outbreak: The New Nightmare is a hardcore survival horror shooter inspired by classic gameplay tropes from games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It pays homage to these classics through crushing difficulty, random item and enemy placement, limited inventory and more. It is available now on Steam Early Access and will be transitioning to a full release on or around January 5th, 2018. The price for the game will be increasing after that transition. You can also pre-order it NOW on Xbox One with a release scheduled for January 3rd, 2018.
Buy Now on Steam (50% off through Jan 4th!):
Pre-order and Buy Outbreak: The New Nightmare on the Xbox Store (20% off!):
Outbreak Website: http://www.outbreakzone.com
About the Game:
Outbreak’s transition to 3D opens up the opportunity for a more cinematic, visceral experience. You’ll be directly in the thick of the action as you navigate through the remains of the destroyed city. Facing a limited inventory, puzzles, diabolical foes and more, it will be a true test of survival. To make matters worse, you only have a SINGLE LIFE. You’ll need to scavenge the environment for weapons, ammunition and other supplies if you have any hope to survive. Knives, handguns, shotguns, revolvers and more are the key to making it out of the nightmare alive. In the Steam version, supporting your team by trading items and watching each other’s backs will also be essential.
As with the original Outbreak, the multiplayer modes in the Steam release run on a cloud-based multiplayer backend. It will not use a P2P connection and you should have virtually no firewall or NAT issues when connecting to friends. With a region selector, you’ll have access to an excellent ping almost anywhere in the world. Outbreak: The New Nightmare supports 4-player online multiplayer co-op in the Steam version, as well as single-player (and offline) in all modes on the Steam and Xbox One versions.
• Beauty: Experience the nightmare in beautiful high definition 3D.
• Film: Fixed and panning camera angles bring the cinematic feel.
• Campaign Mode: Experience the story and attempt to escape the quarantine zone.
• Onslaught Mode: Survive endless waves of the undead.
• Experiments Mode: Bonus game modes and challenges.
• Classic: Hardcore survival horror in an unforgiving apocalypse.
• Cast: Choose from unique characters with their own attributes.
• Progression: Earn XP, level up and customize each character.
• Friends: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat. (Steam Version Only)
• Alone: Play single-player offline in all game modes.
• Inventory: Choose wisely, your inventory is dangerously limited.
• Destruction: Numerous firearms, explosives and melee weapons.
• Replay: Semi-random enemy and item layouts.
• Controller: Customizable gamepad, mouse and keyboard controls. (Steam Version Only)
• Worldwide: Cloud-based multiplayer with region selector means no NAT issues. (Steam Version Only)
Outbreak: The New Nightmare has full controller support on Steam and is designed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. In addition, the Steam release features fully customizable mouse, keyboard and gamepad controls.
Pricing & Availability
• Outbreak: The New Nightmare is currently available on Steam Early Access for 50% off the $11.99 Early Access MSRP. It will be transitioning out of Steam Early Access on or around January 5th, 2018 and the price will increase at that time. Buy it now if you want to own it at the much lower price point!
• Outbreak: The New Nightmare is pre-orderable NOW! The MSRP for the title is $8.99 and it will be offered at a 20% discount during the preorder and launch window. The game will unlock on January 3rd, 2018.
• In addition, a bundle containing both Outbreak: The New Nightmare and Outbreak will launch on January 3rd, 2018!
Other Outbreak Products
The original Outbreak is also available now on Steam:
A single-player only version of the original Outbreak is also available on Xbox One: