Back in 2014 we partnered with Ruthless Pictures on an experiment we called Zombieworld. You see, one of the most frustrating things about what we collectively do is we see all these really cool short films that end up living and then dying quietly online. The plan? Collect the best zombie-themed shorts we could via a submission process and wrap them all up in a neat bloody bow.
Zombieworld, while not for everyone, was very successful; and several of the filmmakers whose work we showcased went on to make more films, including Dead Rush, which was recently acquired by Sony Pictures for release next year. Can lightning strike twice? Could you be the next filmmaker to be discovered? Use your short film for what it was supposed to be, your calling card, and let’s find out!
Have a zombie-themed short you need to get out there? Show it to us!
Send us your entry via the form you see below with a private link or the actual HD file of your film. From there both Ruthless Pictures and Dread Central staff will watch the films and select the best of the best to be included in the project, and selected winners will also nab themselves $100 in the process and a lot more. But what if your film is the best of the best? Well then, not only will you be included in the anthology, we’ll also hand over to you a check for $1,000.
Things to Keep in Mind When Submitting
- There is no cost to submit your film.
- We will be accepting digital files (uploaded private Vimeo and/or YouTube links are welcome).
- If your film is chosen, you will be required to provide an HD File.
- Films should be between 5 and 15 minutes long.
- By submitting your film, you must guarantee that it is your own fully licensed original work (i.e., music rights, etc.).
- By submitting your film, you will also guarantee that no laws were broken during the filming and making of it (i.e., no animals or people were jeopardized or harmed).
- Submissions will be accepted beginning October 21, 2016, through January 31, 2017. Winners will be announced on Dread Central in February.
- By submitting your film, you grant us the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for the project’s promotional purposes, without limitations.
- Check out terms and conditions BELOW for full contest rules.
That’s it, kids! Get to it, and good luck!Fill out my webform.
Dread Central/Ruthless Pictures Zombieworld 2 Short FilmAny questions please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Terms, Conditions, and Contest Rules
Definitions. Capitalized words used herein have the following meanings:
- “Company” means Ruthless Pictures, LLC (“Zombieworld 2” or “Dread Central”)
- “Entrant” means an individual who has validly registered to take part in the competition.
- “Film” or “short” means a film which an Entrant sends to the Zombieworld email address email@example.com.
- “Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrant must enter valid contact details.
- Entrant must accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Entrant must first upload your short to Vimeo™ or Youtube™ and then link to the Official Zombieworld email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entrant must not upload any film which contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must not upload any Film which contains branded segments unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must keep your Film between (5) minutes and (20) minutes in length.
- Entrant film should be full frame 16×9
- Entrant must make sure to have everybody who appears recognizably in your film execute a talent release form
- Entrant must make sure all music and songs are cleared for use within this competition by the appropriate parties.
- Entrant must be of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they live.
At the Companies’ direction, entrant maybe asked to deliver a HD version to the Ruthless Pictures office. Entrant must note that your content may become the exclusive property in perpetuity of Ruthless Pictures, LLC, if Ruthless Pictures/Dread Central notifies you by email that you are a winner in the competition.
- The Company has the absolute right to review and reject at any time any short Film which Company deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, is unacceptable.
- You understand that Company is not required to give any reason for its determination that a Film is unacceptable.
- By uploading a Film, you are not transferring any rights of ownership in the Film to Company or any other third party.
- Members of the public may view Films posted to the Dread Central or Ruthless Pictures website
- After uploading a Film, you are not restricted in your use of the Film and may continue to exhibit it in other venues and online
- The eventual winners will be announced February 2017 and his/her short will be included in the Zombieworld 2 feature film.
- By uploading your Film, and in consideration for Company agreeing to accept your Film in this competition, you are granting Company an exclusive and irrevocable option to acquire all the rights in your Film should it win the competition. The Company may exercise its option at any time it chooses within 3 months of the end of the competition by notifying you by email. On exercise of the option and payment of a one-off payment of USD$100, the Company shall become the owner in perpetuity of your Film and shall be entitled (but not obligated) to include the Film in the Company’s production “Zombieworld 2”.
- Grand prize winner will receive $1,000 and have their film included in the Zombieworld 2 feature film.
- If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree to participate in reasonable publicity and promotional activities as required by Company and agree that the Company may publish your name and biographical information via the Company’s website and any other media. If your Film is included in the Company’s production “Zombieworld 2” you agree that the Company is entitled to publish your name, appearance, and biographical details in connection with the Film.
- If your Film is selected as one of the winners of the competition, you agree, if required by the Company, to enter into a director agreement or similar in connection with your participation in the Company’s film on the usual terms and conditions applying to such agreements.
Your Representations and Warranties.
You represent and warrant that you have the full right and authority to upload and send your Film to the Zombieworld email address email@example.com and that the posting of same will not violate any rights of any persons.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless if Company incurs any loss, cost, or expense (including attorneys’ fees), due to any claim by you or any other parties relating to the submission of your film or the posting of your Film on the Dread Central official website.
All notices shall be in writing and shall be delivered by e-mail to each party’s last known email address.
These Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting notice thereof on its website. Upon posting, the amended Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein shall represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the United States of America.
It is possible that Films which you submit may be downloaded or copied by third parties without Company’s permission, and you waive any claim against the Company for such actions.
You agree to execute any and all documents and take any other actions reasonably required to effectuate the purposes of these Terms and Conditions. You grant us a power of attorney for such purposes (it being acknowledged that such appointment is irrevocable and coupled with an interest) with full power of substitution and delegation if you fail to do so within five (5) business days of our written request.
By clicking the “I Agree” check box and submitting the form above, you are “signing” these Terms and Conditions for all purposes under applicable law.