X-Files Monster Pic!

X-Files 2 features monsters!I didn’t want to care about the new X-Files movie, no matter how many people told me “but, it’s got monsters”; I just didn’t want to care. Mainly because I never liked the show (please hold the stoning until after the article) and the whole thing smacks of desperation on the part of once-wunderkind Chris Carter.

But then JoBlo had to go and find the pic you see on your right. Actually, they found quite a few more, but it’s better if you head over there to check them out. See, the hand in the pic is Chris Carter’s, and that’s a werewolf head if I’ve ever seen one. And damnit, I’m a sucker for werewolves.

Great, so now I have to start paying attention to The X-Files 2, fantastic. Though the plot is still being kept under wraps, it’s definitely looking like the sequel will be more horror and less alien/conspiracy crap, which is superfine with me! Click the small pic to see the rest and keep it here for more on The X-Files 2 as we learn it!

- Johnny Butane

Discuss your hopes for the sequel in the Dread Central forums!

He should have had them fight off sharks, because that's original.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Thu, 02/07/2008 - 2:35pm.
Messiahman's picture

I'll simply counter by saying that the best "monster of the week" eps were invariably written by either Morgan and Wong or Howard Gordon. Remember "Tooms," "Ice," "Beyond the Sea", "Die Hande Die Verletzt" or "Home?" Yup, all Morgan and Wong. Remember "Grotesque" or "Fresh Bones?" That was Howard Gordon. Seriously, when you start thinking back to the ones that stand out in your memory, you'll rarely find Carter's name attached to them. Indeed, much of what made the show so great came from others -- particularly M & W, who were brought in to co-run the show, since Carter had no experience. They're the guys who helped define the early mythology.

Virtually every great supporting character was created by M & W as well. X, The Lone Gunmen, Skinner, the Cigarette Smoking Man -- those all came from them.

With their departure, the series began its inevitable downhill slide. It was Carter who came up with the absurd idea of Mulder impregnating Scully, of bringing in the oh-so-dull Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish and pitting them against lame supersoldiers. It was Carter who, for the last four years of the show, wrote nothing but garbage one-offs and plagiarized mytharc plotlines.

Hell, he's STILL recycling -- Mulder and Scully have already faced werewolves before. Once a hack, always a hack.

Submitted by Messiahman on Thu, 01/24/2008 - 8:57pm.

i'm still optimistic. frankly, the best episodes of the show were the 'monster of the week' episodes, and if you ask me, Chris Carter's best were too.

Submitted by plagiarize on Thu, 01/24/2008 - 1:33pm.
PelusaMG's picture

Yeah, I must admit that when I looked at the recent photos of this movie being made I thought to myself - Meh! (quoting Terminal)

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 2:56pm.
Messiahman's picture

Of course, the problem here is still the fact that Chris Carter is at the helm. Creator or not, he was the reason THE X-FILES went to shit after five seasons and became so horrendous that it ultimately negated much of the good stuff that came in the early days.

Word I hear is that the script isn't good at all, and Fox is going to put virtually no marketing push behind it. The only reason it's getting filmed in the first place is because of a deal stipulated in Carter's recent lawsuit against Fox.

Hell, not even Morgan and Wong, who wrote far and away the best episodes of the show, could resurrect XF now.

Submitted by Messiahman on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 2:43pm.

Could Xzibit be the werewolf? Pimp my fuzz?

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 9:19am.
Johnny Butane's picture

Just a note; I will always do stories on werewolves. I just can't help it.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 9:01am.

I was going to run a story on this last night, but werewolves ... please god ... no more werewolves. I still can't get the taste of blood and chocolate out of my mouth.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 8:31am.

Hahah, you never liked the X-Files!

Submitted by josatana on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 7:28am.

I like. I was going to see this one anyway, but now I no longer have a choice in the matter. Mulder + Scully + Werewolves = I'm there.

Submitted by What The Cat Dr... on Wed, 01/23/2008 - 5:30am.