Wolfman Gets a Blunt

Emily Blunt joins Wolf Man remakeI really hate it when actors who are starring in horror films make it very clear from the get-go that they don’t like horror films. Is it a personal thing? Do I feel attacked and defensive because of their wussiness? Is that even a word?

Such was the case when Emily Blunt revealed during a press conference at Sundance that she’ll be starring with Anthony Hopkins and Benicio del Toro in the upcoming remake of The Wolfman to be helmed by One Hour Photo director Mark Romanek.

”I'm about to start shooting with Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro on 'The Wolfman,” Empire reports she announced. ”It's a period Gothic werewolf story, it's really good, really smart. Not a film I would actually go and see, because I don't like scary films, but its really, really good.”

Hey, as long as it is really, really good, I don’t care if she doesn’t like ”scary films”. Maybe it’s just that phrase that bugs me, I’m not sure. Blunt was last seen in The Devil Wears Prada and Charlie Wilson’s War and is, admittedly, pretty easy on the eyes, so I guess we can forgive her her transgressions. The Wolfman redux stares rolling next month, so look for more very soon!

- Johnny Butane

Find yourself some wolfsbane in the Dread Central forums!

Definitely. When most people (specifically women) say they "don't like scary movies" it usually means that they're SCARED of scary movies, which is why they don't seem them much.

Submitted by G.D. on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 2:57pm.
moderator Sheesh! You guys are
Debi Moore's picture

Sheesh! You guys are brutal! lol Messiahman is right - Blunt is the real deal when it comes to acting. More than likely she's unnerved by "scary films" rather than just not liking them. I'm certainly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until her remark is further clarified.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 2:52pm.

"I've yet to see her in anything worth watching, so I'd brand her as overrated."

Oh, so she's overrated becuse she doesn't act in movies that you are interested in seeing?

What, exactly, does that have to do with her acting abilities and how she is 'rated' as an actress?

Submitted by G.D. on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 12:01pm.
Messiahman's picture

She's spectacular in MY SUMMER OF LOVE and THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB. And completely deserved the Golden Globe she won for THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA (which was actually a rather good chick flick, in fact). Hell, she even made the otherwise tepid WIND CHILL worth watching. She's a classically trained actress who's earned her roles based on talent and years of hard work on the stage. She's got the acting chops of a young Meryl Streep and already has plenty of meaty roles in some very interesting films on the horizon.

Flavor of the month my ass. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Hell, you're even completely ignorant of the meaning of "flavor of the month." That sort of description applies to flash-in-the-pan folks like Paris Hilton or Diablo Cody, not to someone who's already emerging as one of the best actresses of her generation.

Submitted by Messiahman on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 4:50am.

"Do you hate her because she doesnt like horror movies, not everyone likes all the things that you do, right?"

I don't hate her. I don't even know her. You can't hate someone you barely know.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 4:14am.

I've yet to see her in anything worth watching, so I'd brand her as overrated. "Oh she was so great in that crappy chick flick "The Devil Wears Prada." Big deal. Overrated and the flavor of the month in this man's eyes.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 4:13am.
Messiahman's picture

Blunt is both very hot and quite talented (she's neither overrated nor a flavor of the month). Who cares if she doesn't like horror films? At least she's not being pretentious about it and saying that it "elevates the genre" like, say, Jody Foster did with SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Some people get genuinely scared and unnerved by them -- her statement would seem to indicate that this is the case with her. Either way, it hasn't stopped her from starring in them, as this will be her second horror film.

Submitted by Messiahman on Tue, 01/22/2008 - 3:37am.
gabrielenriquez's picture

Submitted by gabrielenriquez on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 8:40pm.

Emily Blunt is an overrated flavor of the month, who cares what she says.

It's the conceit of actors to either deny their film is horror, or pretend they're above horror.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 8:22pm.
Tsotha-lanti's picture

It's not like she is that major a draw - I hadn't heard of Emily Blunt until now, and with Benicio del Toro and ANTHONY FUCKING HOPKINS on board I'm certain that none of the Wolf Man 2008 posters will have her name on the marquee.

Submitted by Tsotha-lanti on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 2:57pm.
The Buz's picture

Funny things about scary films Blunt...

they're located on my cock.

Submitted by The Buz on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 12:35pm.
RingoJ's picture

I do enjoy popcorn.

Submitted by RingoJ on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 10:38am.
DW Bostaph Jr's picture

Girls like this you fuck and then show the door.

Then you make popcorn and watch "Videodrome" while she cries in the hallway.

Submitted by DW Bostaph Jr on Mon, 01/21/2008 - 10:26am.