Warners Moves Forward on I Am Legend Prequel

Smith is back for I Am Legend prequelFor reasons perhaps only the gods truly understand, Warner Bros. has begun to speed up the development of the proposed prequel to I Am Legend with Will Smith set to return as scientist Francis Neville and Francis Lawrence back in the director's chair, according to Variety.

D.B. Weiss has been tapped to pen the script, which will chronicle the final days of humanity in New York City before a man-made virus caused Smith’s character to be the only one left alive. Or so he thinks at the start of the first movie.

So I guess this means there won’t be any horribly rendered CG monsters this time around? Or will they somehow find a way to make them the threat instead of this genocidal virus? Only time will tell if these questions are answered, or if anyone really cares one way or another...

- Johnny Butane

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Hide away from the end of the world in the Dread Central forums!

sav's picture

the first one should have been called i robot 2 cause the cg zombie fuckers looked and moved just like the robots did. if they made the people more "28 days later" style it would have been a mad film, but nooooo lets make them look like retarded looking golums on crack.

unless there is some major titties in number 2 i aint watching.

Submitted by sav on Sat, 09/27/2008 - 9:15pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I Will Be Legend? I Am Legend Of Bagger Vance? Legenpendence Day?!

TELL MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sat, 09/27/2008 - 1:27am.
Messiahman's picture

You're the Legend Now, Dog!

Submitted by Messiahman on Fri, 09/26/2008 - 12:48am.
Cash Bailey's picture

How about I AM LEGEND 2: JADA LIKES SHOES.

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 10:13pm.
jonny_numb's picture

I can only hope Warners brings the same surplus of creativity to the story that Platinum Dunes brought to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning."

Submitted by jonny_numb on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 7:59pm.
Foywonder's picture

I think the only way this cash-in could sound any more cynical would have been for them to announce a sequel picking up where the previous film left off but set in a different location with a different lone survivor who just happened to be Will Smith playing Dr. Robert Neville's twin brother.

Submitted by Foywonder on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 7:56pm.
bludgeoner's picture

That's really fucking stupid.

Only in this day in age we would we make a prequel to the SECOND and still incorrect remake of an average yet incorrect movie based on a classic story.

Wait I've confused myself... hehehe

Submitted by bludgeoner on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 7:02pm.

"Becoming Legend"
"I Am Legend: We Need More Shrek"

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 6:20pm.
Serena Whitney's picture

Umm...wtf? Seriously? Why do we need a prequel? We need more of Emma Thompson? You know it would have just made more sense if they kept the alternate ending (the lesser of two evils if you ask me) and just make a sequel...not that I would want a sequel of cartoon vampires, but it just doesn't make sense as to why Will Smith would come back for a prequel. Weird.

Submitted by Serena Whitney on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 3:05pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Sure it does; $$$

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 4:18pm.
Sirand's picture

I vote for "I Am Legend 2: Legend Harder"

Other possible titles:

"Not Yet Legend"
"The Omega Man of Bel Air"
"I Am Legend Too"
"L2: The Legend of Curly's Gold"

Submitted by Sirand on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 2:21pm.

"Legend Reloaded"
"The Legend who Shagged Me?"
"Legend 2 1/2: The Smell of Legend"
"Legend: Bandcamp"

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 3:35pm.
Cash Bailey's picture

What's it gonna be called?

'I WILL BE LEGEND'?

Submitted by Cash Bailey on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 1:47pm.

I'd rather watch every minute of David Blaine hanging upside down in Central Park, than this load of old tosh...

*Yawns, scratches back of head, breaks wind!*

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 12:45pm.

yawn, this is wrong on so many levels.

Submitted by bulletcrazy on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 11:03am.
Enraged_Otter's picture

thanks for the news it made me giggle like a school girl

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Thu, 09/25/2008 - 5:11am.