Warners Goes Deeper, Bluer

Deep Blue Sea 2 on the way!I can’t believe we’re sitting here, months later, and still worrying about an actor’s strike. The writer’s strike was bad enough; why do we have to go through this again? Can't Hollywood set aside its differences so Deep Blue Sea 2 can finally be made!?

Moviehole has learned through some insider sources at Warner Bros. that the studio’s direct-to-DVD line plans to bring the wicked smart sharks back to the small screen. A minuscule budget will likely be in place so at best they might get L.L. “My Hat is Like a Shark’s Fin” Cool J back, but don't hold your proverbial breath. They’ll never top Sam Jackson getting eaten by a terrible CG shark, but I do hope they try.

Right now there are only writers attached to Deep Blue Sea 2, but Warners apparently wants this thing out next year so expect to hear more about it very soon!

- Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Wonder what a smart shark thinks about all day in the Dread Central forums!

It's been a while since I've seen DBS, but weren't all the sharks killed at the end? How does that warrant a sequel? Oh, yeah I forgot it's Hollywood - the same people that bled dry an original idea like Planet of the Apes. Did we really need 4 sequels of that movie?!

Submitted by hammerheritageo... on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 12:23am.
Nomad's picture

I envision this to be like the re-imagining of Jaws they did on robot chicken with Jaws sitting in the back of the meeting room in a wig going "I think we should let him gooooo!"

Submitted by Nomad on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 1:41pm.

The perfect setting would involved a group of hip young partiers on a boat! They all go swimming in the ocean and realise that their ladder to climb back aboard their vessle is gone!

Wait...fuck... someone already used that for a direct-to-video sequel of another shitty shark movie.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 1:26pm.

There have been plans for a sequel for what seems like a decade. One idea was to have the mutant sharks wreak havoc in a small town that's been flooded by a hurricane/tsunami kinda thing.

Submitted by Caterpillar on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 10:54am.

I suspect that any sequel will involve a group of teens... :-(

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 1:06pm.

I loved DBS, and I really hope Warners stump up enough mula to get a descent sequel out. However, from what you intimate here it sounds like it's possibly going to be Deep Blue Shite!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 8:57am.