Uncut My Bloody Valentine DVD on the Way

My Bloody Valentine gets its gore back! (click for larger image)For years fans have been clamoring for an uncut version of Eighties slasher favorite My Bloody Valentine. When the film was residing at Paramount, the studio went so far as to claim that the excised footage no longer existed. Enter Lionsgate to investigate.

With My Bloody Valentine 3D just around the corner, Lionsgate secured the rights to the franchise from Paramount, and the studio which has given fans so many ups and downs over the last year has pulled off a coup of sorts by not only locating said missing footage, but going the extra mile and incorporating it back into the movie for its upcoming DVD re-release on January 13, 2009! Way to score back some cool points for the 'Gate! Bravo!

STYD broke the story that "Yes, an uncut version of My Bloody Valentine is coming your way, and the producers of the disc are working diligently to put the footage back into the film. And it looks great!

Color me excited! Finally we'll get our gore back! Click the link below to pre-order yourself a copy NOW!

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Be our Valentine in the Dread Central forums!

This rocks. Uncut My Bloody Valentine, and Friday the 13th uncut on dvd. Next year looks banner for slasher fans.

Submitted by acp35 on Mon, 12/08/2008 - 8:49pm.
syd13's picture

makes ya wonder about paramounts claims for the excised material from the friday series, don't it?

Submitted by syd13 on Mon, 11/24/2008 - 11:08am.
DavidFullam's picture

Color me shocked. Uncut Valentine, Tales from the Darkside? Maybe The Keep will be next? God, I hope so!

Submitted by DavidFullam on Mon, 11/24/2008 - 11:03am.
Gus Bjork's picture

One of the films I feel guilt for having never seen. The dryer lady was an image from Fangoria that I never forgot.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 6:53pm.
moderator "The dryer lady was an image

"The dryer lady was an image from Fangoria that I never forgot."

Me too. I loved that pic. Hopefully we'll see the finished effect for more than a tenth of a second (it was a bitch getting the above screencap) in the new film.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 11/24/2008 - 2:31am.

Me too, always skipped right over this movie and went right for "I spit on your grave". I wonder if Lionsgate could use their detective skills and find the original ending to The Shining now?

Submitted by plastichorror on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 8:55pm.
ImTheMoon's picture

that's cool, I wonder what the extra footage will bring to the film.

Submitted by ImTheMoon on Sun, 11/23/2008 - 5:07pm.