Twilight Graces EW Cover

Last year Blood & Chocolate taught us that no matter how good your source material is, any filmmaker can turn it into a mind numbing laugh-a-thon suited only for people who believe all of Europe is populated by well dressed Goths and powered by Absinthe.

So, does Twilight share that fate? It is certainly geared towards young women so it may hit all those marks, but what about fans of the books? After seeing the latest cover of Entertainment Weekly over at author Stephenie Meyer's official blog, I am not sure what to think...

Which one is the chick?

Like our own Woman in Black says, "It's for the kids," so I cannot be too harsh on it ... until the Twilight Dinner for Fiends!

- Syxx

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

frank_dracman's picture

Twilight, that's the first time I've been called a jerk for pointing out someone doesn't know haw to put a belt on. I LOL'ed when I read that, sorry to harsh your buzz, so to speak. I am aware the the people who did the pic probably slid it over purposely for a better shot. And purposely or not, some find it ridiculous and have the uncontrolable urge to ridicule, while others like yourself find it hot. this will have an audience for sure, but I won't be there. I'll be home crying myself to sleep, wishing I was as pasty-skinned and dorky looking as that guy.
And we're all gat for something, like Cobain said. I'm gay for the ladies and Johnny Walker Black.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 07/11/2008 - 3:53am.
Spaceshark's picture

Well CLEARLY the belt buckle is important to the plot of the movie. It's prolly' magical, like that apple the chick is holding. I bet they're ancient artifacts that will ensure HEATH LEDGER GETTING A NOMINATION AT THE ACADEMY AWARDS AND WINNING IT LIKE THE GODS HAVE PLANNED!!!!!!!

Submitted by Spaceshark on Fri, 07/11/2008 - 6:55am.
Blockbuster's picture

Yeah...I can too...I'm just a lesbian trapped in a guy's body...the oldest in the book...but doesn't make it any less true. Uhhhh...yeah...anyway, just get tired of the people talking smack about other people...oh wait...that's what WE'RE DOING. Nevermind....

Submitted by Blockbuster on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 11:26pm.
Spaceshark's picture

I'm actually a Martian Manatee trapped inside a regular Space Shark.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Fri, 07/11/2008 - 3:19am.
Blockbuster's picture

YAY!!! Yet another personal attack on people commenting on a gay (metrosexual) goth looking supposed vampire. Dumbass.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 9:33pm.
moderator Words, man. Just words.

Words, man. Just words. Besides, it makes it it easy to pin out the idiots in a crowd. :)

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 9:37pm.
Chainsaw's picture

Jables was right...fuck the kids!

:D

Yeah, I'm old and bitter.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:57pm.

Yes, that's the same film. Don't forget about the "totally deep" poster that MTV was showing off too.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 11:12am.

It's not a good thing.
Just because you don't like certain pictures doesn't mean you won't like the movie.

and if you don't like Twilight.. don't you think your a little old to be watching MTV.. it is MADE for teenagers!

Submitted by twilight on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:07pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Well for one thing, I don't watch MTV. Second, I have never been a fan of the whole goth vampire thing, and have never heard of the books this is based on. I can tell you for certain, this is not a film that would appeal to me.

Submitted by DavidFullam on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 8:41pm.
DavidFullam's picture

I never saw that poster. Maybe that's a good thing!

Submitted by DavidFullam on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 12:24pm.
DavidFullam's picture

How gay. Was this the film DC was goofing on awhile back? RE: the two kids flying on wires around a tree?

Submitted by DavidFullam on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 11:07am.
moderator Yep! That was it!

Yep! That was it!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 12:31pm.

Wow Uncle Creepy good answer!?

..but, yeah, it is. Don't jugde it by that one scene, it makes much more sense in the whole picture.

Submitted by twilight on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:06pm.
moderator Didn't think I had to get

Didn't think I had to get into much more detail. Thanks, Twilight!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:25pm.

I'm blinded by the gayness.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 10:06am.
moderator I'm not sure how a guy and
Debi Moore's picture

I'm not sure how a guy and girl embracing can be called "gay" but whatever ...

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:12pm.
Spaceshark's picture

It is when the girl looks like a beard.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 8:39pm.

WOW!! I'm blinded by YOUR gayness.

Your that kind of guy.. WOW!! Who isn't!?

Submitted by twilight on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 5:58pm.

Oh get a sense of humor for god sake, I was kidding around. Don't be one of THOSE people. See? Kidding. From now on I'll check with you before posting, with this I'll say "My my that's quite terrible." Ugh.

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 07/11/2008 - 7:35am.
Spaceshark's picture

So...we're ALL gay?

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 10:08pm.
moderator "What else could I say?

"What else could I say? Everyone is gay." -- Kurt Cobain, All Apologies

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 10:24pm.
Spaceshark's picture

Fuck yeah, I can live with that.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 10:58pm.
frank_dracman's picture

What's up with the belt buckle being waaayyy over to the side? Is this paticular vampire so stupid he can't dress himself properly? I'm glad I saw it here first, as I would have laughed out loud if I saw it in line at the store while buying some Ho-Ho's.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 9:50am.

This is a picture of the actors like 4 months after filming.. and Rob Pattinson knows how to dress himself [jerk!], it's called stylists.. they are usually the ones who get to pick what the models wear.

I think someones jealous.

Submitted by twilight on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 6:03pm.

Maybe I should have been more specific...
It's for the tween girls with the mindset that they'll be swept off their feet by a mysterious and overly handsome man.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 8:50am.
moderator Exactly! If I were 13
Debi Moore's picture

Exactly! If I were 13 again, you can be sure I'd be there opening day with all my friends.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 11:19am.

"It's for kids" is not an excuse.

Monster Squad.
The Goonies.

Not an excuse.

Submitted by G.D. on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 8:39am.
Spaceshark's picture

Being dead does NOT excuse his hair.

Submitted by Spaceshark on Thu, 07/10/2008 - 7:30am.
Blockbuster's picture

I'm scared. Truly, truly scared. Yeesh.

Submitted by Blockbuster on Wed, 07/09/2008 - 8:28pm.