Theatrical Release & Sequel for My Name is Bruce

My Name is Bruce!If you’ve been waiting as long as I have for word on My Name is Bruce, breathe yourself a sigh of relief; the wait is over. Finally Dark Horse Entertainment is getting the film ready to make its way to theaters this October, and a sequel is being worked on as you read this!

STYD talked to Dark Horse honcho Mike Richardson at the Saturn Awards, who explained that the reason the film took so long to finally get together was the studio financing it was so happy with the results, they gave them more money with which to beef it up.

The sequel, craftily titled My Name is Still Bruce, is being worked on right now with Dark Horse and Image on board to distribute both. My Name is Bruce was written and directed by Bruce Campbell and tells of a small town infested with demons who call on the B-movie actor’s help, thinking he actually knows how to fight evil.

- Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Find out if you know how to fight evil with a visit to the Dread Central forums!

Nomad's picture

I'm told it's very bad.

Submitted by Nomad on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 4:15pm.

Is that going to be part of its charm?

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 8:02pm.
Nomad's picture

I guess it's all we got.

Submitted by Nomad on Thu, 06/26/2008 - 5:57pm.
Chainsaw's picture

Hopefully, there weren't reshoots. I hate the idea that a movie with a lot of potential to be utterly insane could have been compromised by the studio.

Still, I can't wait to see this.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 10:53am.
I trust the

I trust the Messiah...

...man!

*Grins*

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 7:47am.
frank_dracman's picture

Hhhmmmmm....should I listen to the fine people at Dark Horse who would have no reason whatsoever to lie to the good, loyal, trusting horror fans out there, or Messiahman? I mean really, have you EVER heard of Hollywood types trying to pull a fast one? Man, i really hope this turns out good, but MM knows what he's talking about...most of the time : P

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 7:20am.
Messiahman's picture

"the studio financing it were so happy with the results, they gave them more money with which to beef it up."

What a joke.

In Hollywood speak, this translates as "the studio was so unhappy with poor test screenings that they insisted on reshoots."

Submitted by Messiahman on Wed, 06/25/2008 - 5:50am.