Specs and Art for Zombie's 3-Disc Halloween

A FOUR HOUR DOCUMENTARY!In August of last year Uncle Creepy and myself sat in an empty theatre with our jaws hung open as we experienced Rob Zombie's Halloween (review). We had just been assaulted by the f-word and Loomis' crazy magical car summoning abilities and hoped to never talk about it again.

OK, we did have to talk about it when the DVD came out but thought it was all over after that. Then there was news that Halloween was getting a massive double dip this year, and all the memories of Laurie "McClane" Strode and the Pool of Death came flooding back.

DVD Active picked up the art for the standard and Blu-ray versions of the three-disc release of Rob Zombie's Halloween, and I am still wondering what could possibly go into this release's four-hour long documentary. Seriously, half the film was just rehashing the original flick's plot while the other half bombarded us with Rob's overused "white-trash-a-palooza."

On top of that lengthy doc, this set also comes with a number of other features that appeared on the previously released DVD:

• Halloween: The Director's Cut
  • Commentary track with Rob Zombie (YEAH!)
  • 17 Deleted Scenes
  • Alternate Ending
  • Blooper Reel
  • The Many Masks of Michael Myers featurette
  • Re-Imagining HALLOWEEN featurette
  • Meet the Cast featurette

- Syxx

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
    Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

• -->

Dr Malachi Constant's picture

I know any version of this is going to suck, but I still want to see it. The only problem is, I refuse to spend any more than a dollar on the damn thing. Period.

Submitted by Dr Malachi Constant on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 10:35am.
    frank_dracman's picture

I'll give you 2 dollars NOT to watch it.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 2:33pm.

And Scout Taylor Compton is a horrible actress. She was simply no competition for Jamie Lee Curtis. She wasn't even competition for PJ Soles.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 8:36pm.

Creepy and I both saw the workprint right after the theatrical. I really have no idea why that version wasn't chosen instead of the theatrical.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 8:08pm.

I saw both, and there's no difference. They're both really terrible movies, REALLY terrible. As another slasher flick this movie may have worked. But Zombie's horror movie was screwed regardless.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 8:35pm.

Yeah, for real. While the workprint was not, imho, a good movie at ALL it actually WAS better than the theatrical. Whatever money was spent on the reshoots was just just pointless subtractions from the profit.

Submitted by G.D. on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 8:32pm.
    MagusMaleficus's picture

Am I the only guy lucky enough to see the workprint version who NEVER saw the theatrical release (or the "director's cut" on DVD)? Doesn't matter, because what I saw wasn't good, but there was the kernel of a good movie, trying desperately to sprout, buried beneath a metric fuckton of shit...

Submitted by MagusMaleficus on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 8:04pm.

Ken's cameo was not pointless. It provided the only moment during this remake to cheer for someone, because I sure as fuck didn't care what happened to little Laurie or her "way too old to be in highschool" friends.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 5:00pm.

The whole movie blew chunks, man. I'm happy to inform you that, yes, it was pointless.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 5:10pm.
    Sirand's picture

Is the blooper reel the actual movie?

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 4:56pm.

*laugh*

That's funny... :-D

Submitted by PelusaMG on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 9:01am.

"Halloween: The Director's Cut" Oh boy! More minutes of the word "Fuck" and Ken Foree's pointless cameo!

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 4:40pm.