Shiny New F13 Series Art!

It’s nasty fun!Lewis Vendredi's cursed objects will finally be haunting homes around the country thanks to Paramount Home Video. Though we've known about this for a while, there hasn't been much word on special features or official artwork.

Part of the remaining mystery was solved today when STYD got ahold of the DVD cover, but supplements for the September 23rd Season One release are still a secret. Honestly, I can cope without having commentaries and such just as long as I get to watch Micki and Ryan hunt down demonic dolls, dollhouses, bracelets, gloves and such.

- Syxx

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

Avid Fan's picture

Finally! Although I would have chosen a different font, since it's awful close to the "Jason" 13th franchise font. Could confuse some newbies, and the title text treatment is pretty original and neato from the shows opening credit sequence.

Submitted by Avid Fan on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 9:55am.
moderator I think Paramount is

I think Paramount is actually banking on the familiarity of the font. Not that this series needs any more of a push to drive sales. I can't wait!

Now if only we can get us some Tales from the Darkside!!!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 2:45pm.
syd13's picture

This isn't a new show. I would assume "full frame" or 1.33:1 is its native aspect ratio, in which case, its how it should be presented. Matting a 1.33:1 image to 1.85:1 to have it "fit" on a widescreen tv is so idiotic it defies description, since widescreen tv's were designed specifically to allow for the fuller enjoyment of films and television in their native ratios. Case in point: Evil Dead - Book of the Dead edition. Man, i'm STILL not over that.

Submitted by syd13 on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 7:18am.

Full frame is fine, but there has gotta be some special features.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 6:05am.
Chainsaw's picture

According to Ryan's report, there's no extras and it's in full frame.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Thu, 07/17/2008 - 11:01pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Too bad, but I dion't mind. Just seeing the intro gets me all pumped up. Can't wait!

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 5:56am.