Shark Swarm Poster, Full Synopsis!

Shark Swarm poster!You may not remember the project known as Shark Swarm, but that’s more our fault than yours since we haven’t mentioned it in a while ("Hallmark Gets Shark a Swarm!" – July 2007). We’ll make it up to you guys now though, I promise!

First off, as you can see to the right the TV movie has its own poster which, while reminiscent of Open Water, but only because of its effectiveness in portraying a bad, bad situation. Which is exactly what the characters in Shark Swarm find themselves in...

There’s a full plot synopsis online now, as well, which you can check out at production company RHI Entertainment’s site. All you really need to know, though, is that it’s about a pack of great whites (!) that have been adversely affected by chemicals and now only kill for the love of killing.

Hallmark will air Shark Swarm sometime next year and even though the channel isn’t exactly know for its horror output, this sounds like something we’re gong to be tuning in for without a doubt. More as it comes in!

- Johnny Butane

Get eaten alive by the Dread Central forums!

Messiahman's picture

And Arrow in the Head covered it last week, as well.

Submitted by Messiahman on Wed, 11/28/2007 - 4:15am.

And Fango just covered it.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Tue, 11/27/2007 - 4:53pm.
The Buz's picture

Personally I find: "A fuck ton of sharks eat a bunch of people in the ocean on a hot summer's day with no remorse" to be a perfect title.

Submitted by The Buz on Tue, 11/27/2007 - 3:28am.
Sirand's picture

I was hoping for the title "Shark's Tale 2: Blood Reef"

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 3:18pm.
admin moderator i dont think "Swarm" refers
Jon Condit's picture

i dont think "Swarm" refers to the plural but instead the act of swarming. Technically a murder of crows could still swarm or even flock together, as birds are known to do.

Submitted by Jon Condit on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 3:18pm.
Morgan Elektra's picture

Personally, I just find it completely irresponsible that you guys would call it 'Shark Swarm', when I'm sure you know full well that it's not a SWARM of sharks. It's a school. Or a shoal. Or a shiver. Shame on you... young, impressionable children will be watching and learning these lies and repeating them to their friends. Damn you and your disregard for the children! Damn you straight to hell! ;)

Although, admittedly, Shark School doesn't sound nearly as ominous.

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 12:43pm.

And Foy, Fango does cover any fucking thing that comes into contact with them, quite obviously. That's what I was getting at.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 8:00am.

Anyone else notice how Messiahman avoided the question?

:D

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Mon, 11/26/2007 - 7:57am.
Sirand's picture

Jesus, it never ends with this Truant guy. This obsession is just fucking crazy. If we didn't know how sad his little existence was from his countless personal internet posts, I would seriously be afraid of this nutbar.

Submitted by Sirand on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 3:13pm.
Foywonder's picture

First you argue that no respectable horror sites would cover this and when pointed out otherwise you argue they'd only done one story months ago. Now that Fangoria is preparing a follow-up you change your tune and ridcule Fango for not even being a respectable horror outlet based on coverage of decade old movies. Truant, take it from someone with no axe to grind one way or another, you're making yourself sound like every bit the obsessed loon you're accused of being.

Submitted by Foywonder on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 3:10pm.
Messiahman's picture

I smell a banning coming up.

Submitted by Messiahman on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 2:38pm.
The Buz's picture

It would hurt if you got bit by a shark. Let alone a swarm of them.

Submitted by The Buz on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 1:53pm.

But seriously, that was very nice of you to give Fango the coverage material even though they didn't ask you for it.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 11:49am.

LMAO, Fango is covering it! Well that just changes everything! I'll have to get back with you with a list of shitty movies they have disgraced themselves by championing.

The Fango cover with Batman Forever still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And the less said about Judge Dredd the better.

Respectable? Debatable.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 11:33am.
The Buz's picture

I like sharks.

Submitted by The Buz on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 3:26am.
Messiahman's picture

By the way, just heard from Fango. They're doing their own coverage on the poster this coming week.

So much for no "respectable" horror sites.

Submitted by Messiahman on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 1:07am.
Messiahman's picture

Am I the only one who finds it hysterical that we write one or two sentence jokes, after which Truant responds with rambling, fifteen-paragraph nonsense?

No, of course I'm not the only one. :-D

Submitted by Messiahman on Sun, 11/25/2007 - 1:03am.

"How long is this going to go on for?"

Well, you three do a fabulous job of keeping it going. :) If you really want it to stop, then stop. Otherwise quit your bitching about a problem you do nothing to help solve.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 11:11pm.

As stated previously, the only thing in that rant that panned out is that Matthew Chernov is indeed an asshole. He could have also added that Chernov is also a hack. And a hypocrite. Seriously insecure. The list goes on and on but if I went into a list of your flaws, the worst of which is picking on a 11 year old you've never met, I'd be here all night, as well as the majority of tomorrow.

I'm sorry you two (David and Matthew) are getting your feelings hurt here. Grow a thicker skin. When your crap starts hitting the airwaves, it's going to be met by the majority with apathy at best and disdain at worst. If you can't even handle what you believe to be a "stupid redneck hick" when he trashes your shit up one side and down the other, how the fuck are you going to react when your projects are seriously ripped the FUCK apart by genre sites for being the most banal and generic tripe to hit the air in recent memory? "Shark Swarm"! Even the title is laughable. You are a blip on the horror radar. None of your projects are making any kind of dent in the genre. You hype up your top secret projects like they are the second coming of Christ himself, only to let us all down when the plots are revealed.

And Andy, the U.S. postal system delivers mail to physical addresses, and while I don't live in a trailer park, common sense does indicate that the answer to your question is yes. The sad news is that the magazine will be as rousing a success as David's comic book.

Also, I greatly enjoyed your performance as Sifl in the short lived "Sifl and Olly".

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 11:07pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Richard Langston's own friends have begged him to stop this nonsense. I think Joey said it best:
_______________________

"I've tried over and over again to get you to let it go. So has Pat. So has Amanda. So has Bambi. So has Kitten. Hooker BROKE UP WITH YOU after her son was dragged into this but you still won't give up.

Pat defends you and backs you up telling everyone that you've let it go after saying that you let it go and you embarrass him by posting threads over at DC. After you posted that thread you left me no other choice than to contact one of my friends who writes for DC to contact Value to let him know what was going on because some people don't want to be associated with this BS.

I have asked you to let it go. Normal people don't act like this. No one cares. It's just you. You've done nothing but alienate people to the point where they don't want to associate with you or talk to you. You've done nothing but make me and others think that we may have defended the wrong person all along. And still you continue this retarded selfish crusade trying to prove something that just doesn't matter. People have tried to talk to you and reason with you but it just goes in one ear and out the other.

If you've accomplished anything with this thread and this little lame ass flame war is that even more people don't want to be associated with you. If anything it's made me want to apologize to Tina and give my support back to HYB and wish David, Matthew and Andrew the best of luck on their film careers.

BTW, I lied about Sirand being a dick. He's actually a pretty cool guy who knows his shit and is pretty funny when he's drunk. He was also appreciative of something I wrote about the staff of DC when they were unceremoniously "fired" from the horror channel. The things that I can remember when provoked.

Grow up, get out of your fucking basement and actually make some friends. For fucks sake try to find some semblance of a life and sanity before you start "playing Last House on the Left" with toddlers.

And stop the usual "well, he started it" bullshit. Just grow up. There's a whole world out there in case you didn't get the memo. Now, if you'll excuse me I have a life to return to."
____________________________

Those aren't my words, they're the words of one of Richard Langston's own friends. Like I said before, how much longer is this going to go on?

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 4:40pm.
Sirand's picture

"How much longer is this going to go on for?"

Until... 1) He moves out of his mom's trailer or 2) He dies.

Whichever comes first (probably #2).

Submitted by Sirand on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 4:18pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Richard Langston currently has FIVE LOCKED THREADS in General Chat about his fixation on me and my writing partner. He has created more locked threads than any other member on this board, check for yourself. A dozen other members who have no interest in any of this have begged him to stop, but he can't. He's been repeatedly told to drop this by the mods who locked up each of his obsessive threads. He refuses.

Now, after repeating over and over and over again that he's "done" with it, he's insulting DC.

How much longer is this going to go on for?

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 3:16pm.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Looks like Richard Langston is still miffed about being called out as a race baiter.

Click the above link and scroll down for a few examples of his brilliance.

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 2:52pm.
Sirand's picture

Do they deliver Creative Screenwriter to trailer parks?

Submitted by Sirand on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 12:07pm.

And Sirand still works at the multiplex.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 11:24am.
Messiahman's picture

An issue of Creative Screenwriting costs $8.95.

Truant couldn't afford it.

Submitted by Messiahman on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 7:50am.

Yeah Foy, Fango and Arrow have announced Shark Swarm but none of them have mentioned it since back in the summer. Correct me if I am mistaken, I don't believe that I am. It's a made for tv shark movie. There is no genuine enthusiasm on anyone's part aside from those who are friends with Rosiak and Chernov. They can't even bother to come to the defense of their baby other than to resort to hypocritical name calling. That in and of itself is indicative of the quality of their personality and their writing. Half assed, half baked, and done a million times before.

I really do hope the creative writing magazine is a joke because you guys have yet to do anything original. There is a reason your biker flick was shit canned 10 years ago. "Easy Rider" and "The Wild One" went out with the 60's. Giallo went out in the 80s. Black gloved killers are no longer original. Neither are underground prison fighting movies.

You're not making movies, you're making facsimiles of better material. So unless your "magazine" is Charmin soft, don't expect me to be picking it up.

Submitted by Johnny Truant (not verified) on Sat, 11/24/2007 - 7:18am.
Ultimo Franco's picture

Truant's gonna love the Creative Screenwriting Magazine profile when we announce it. Nice!

Submitted by Ultimo Franco on Fri, 11/23/2007 - 9:55pm.
Sirand's picture

Stalker alert! Stalker alert!

Submitted by Sirand on Fri, 11/23/2007 - 8:18pm.
Foywonder's picture

"No other respectable horror site is touching this shit with a ten foot pole."

Fangoria and Arrow in the Head will be thrilled to hear they're not considered respectable horror sites.

Submitted by Foywonder on Fri, 11/23/2007 - 7:50pm.