Return to Sleepaway Camp Trailer, Art

Return to Sleepaway CampIs it wrong that I actually found this trailer to be somewhat entertaining? It’s the trailer for Return to Sleepaway Camp, which you may recall is finally seeing a DVD release thanks to Magnet, and while it’s pretty annoying at first, it almost redeems itself in the end.

Don’t get me wrong; I still have no idea why a company with such a respected short history is releasing this sequel that’s been sitting on a shelf for the past five years, but since it is coming out we might as well prepare ourselves, right? Right.

The story takes place at a sleepaway camp (duh) that is plagued by a bully named Alan. When the cruel kids at camp decide they’ve had enough of Alan’s obnoxiousness, they strike back at him, awakening something much more evil inside. This is all gleaned from watching the trailer, by the way. I really hope there’s not a damn twist...

On the right you can see the cover art for Return to Sleepaway Camp; click here to pre-order the DVD, due out October 14th, through Evilshop!

- Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Spend the weekend sleeping in the Dread Central forums!

doubleh55's picture

Ok so April Fool's Day, which is a horrible movie, is considered a classic but Sleepaway Camp, complete with one of the best endings of a horror movie ever, is considered one of the worst things ever? True, the original is pretty bad.

I also found this trailer showed this film to be way more of a throwback to all the low budget slasher films of the 80s than films like Hatchet.

With that all said, I have no doubts that this will suck. But considering all the shit this site champions, it's got to be at least entertaining.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 12:24pm.
moderator We can only champion what

We can only champion what we're given to work with.

The original Sleepaway Camp is very much a classic. It's the sequels that sucked.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 2:42pm.
doubleh55's picture

Well thanks for at least somebody coming to my defense of the first one. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be good in the traditional sense. But there is something so grimey about it that it might be better than most "throwback slasher" movies that are just too glossy for their own good.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 9:03am.
frank_dracman's picture

The fat kid will pull down his pants at the end of the movie to reveal a big, hariy vagina.
I will tell you right now it's not the fat kid doing the killing. They wouldn't give away the entire story in one trailer, would they?

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 7:44am.
Sirand's picture

I find 1 and 2 hilarious for all the wrong reasons. But the idea that the director is creating "the true sequel" is just ridiculous.

From the looks of it, they should have named this one "Angry Fat Kid At Sleepaway Camp."

Submitted by Sirand on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 4:56pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Was that trailer a joke? Seriously, that can't really be the movie?

I'm still confused why anyone even liked the original Sleepaway Camp now that we're on the subject. It was a complete piece of shit. It wasn't even good on a cheesy bad 80's level. I couldn't even make it 20 minutes into part 2.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 4:16pm.
Sirand's picture

"Original classic?" LOL!

Submitted by Sirand on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 10:26am.
Doc Block's picture

and I thought I was the only horror fan who hated the original. I have absolutely no idea why it is even considered a "classic". The flick is terrible. End of story. Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Submitted by Doc Block on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 12:40pm.
doubleh55's picture

I'm kind of surprised that this site is completely no selling the fact that there is a direct sequal to the original classic. It also confuses me that really crappy movies get released to DVD right away while this was sitting on a shelf. It's just so weird.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 7:47am.