Resident Evil 4 Details Begin to Trickle In
It was only a matter of time before some news surrounding the fourth Resident Evil film would rise to the surface. What is it? Who's directing it? Will we have to suffer through another Paul W.S. Anderson screenplay? Well, some of those questions have been answered today.
Arrow in the Head nabbed themselves some exclusive dirt from a source they deem as most reliable. Here's the scoop:
- Paul Anderson wrote the screenplay, but he is not coming back to direct.
- The screenplay is more akin to RE2 in terms of style but with better dialogue. The overall tone is also very dark.
- There are enough hand-to-hand fights in the script for them to bring in a martial arts choreographer.
- Patrick Tatopoulos (RE3, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) will be in charge of the creature effects, and they will have a new Special FX supervisor (in terms of the the practical effects) - Michael Lantieri (Jurassic Park 3)
- The script is complete (they're at Draft 2), and they're going to start casting before making any more script changes.
- So far, they will be filming in Toronto and Tokyo. Toronto will actually front for Alaska.
- They will be hiring a director once they have Milla officially signed back on.
Hm. Why must Anderson continue to shit on the sidewalk of this series? And a screenplay more akin to Part II? What's that mean exactly? We'll get a guy in an ill-fitting rubber suit instead of zombies? Sigh. I shudder to think! Keep it here for more as it comes.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Shit on the sidewalk in the Dread Central forums!