Ramis Gives More Ghostbusters 3 Details

Egon talks Ghostbusters 3!First we heard from Dan Aykroyd about the very real possibility of Ghostbusters 3 happening, then word came down from Columbia announcing it was being developed, and now Harold Ramis, who co-wrote and starred as Egon in the first two, dropped a line to the Chicago Tribune with some details that I can’t help but point out sound very familiar...

”Columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my Year One writing partners, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg. Judd Apatow is co-producing Year One and has made several other films for Sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent.” He told the paper, ”Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and I are consulting at this point, and according to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level. He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I, and Ernie Hudson. The concept is that the old Ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. Not much else to say at this point. Everyone is confident a decent script can be written and I guess we'll take it from there.”

As I’m sure you recall, shortly after Comic Con we did a story about a rumor of this very thing happening with Apatow’s regulars taking over for the old-school Ghostbusters. It was then squashed by some sources, but I think it’s safe to say we were on the money. Feels good.

- Johnny Butane

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
Tell us what you want from a new Ghostbusters movie below or in the Dread Central forums!

Terminal is on the money, GB2 is almost embarrassing. I just hope this third film actually has them busting ghosts for more than just a few minutes of a montage.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 3:21pm.

Yep, the walking statue of Liberty sequence was a real low point!

We all know that the Statue of Liberty is hollow and has absolutely no mechanism inside of it which will enable it to move in the way say Honda's ASIMO robot does, so to present the idea that spraying ecto-goop inside it and playing some lively tune would enable it to do just that was plain RIDICUL-ARSE! There are even shots where the statue's clothes are moving, but this is supposed to be a fucking copper statue!!!

However, up till then there had been some half descent moments in GB2. What we saw of Venkman's TV show was hilarious, Peter MacNicol was top notch, and even Vigo got me creeped a few times. But the walking statue (and the flaming torch to add), was just shite, shite, SHITE and showed just how much arse GB2 really was.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 7:42pm.

"GB3" might seriously be happening! It also seems that Bill Murray echos my sentiments...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 09/28/2008 - 12:57am.
MagusMaleficus's picture

But a green blob with a penchant for hot dogs and fucking up hotels is serious business? OK.

Edit to add: I happen to love that little green blob (and, yes, even that dumbass Nintendo-controlled Statue of Liberty), and will defend his ugly ass 'til I'm dead and buried.

Submitted by MagusMaleficus on Mon, 09/08/2008 - 6:21am.

Again, no AJ Quick...

How about an apology, budday?

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 3:08pm.
Sirand's picture

I don't think he's man enough. If you look at his GB fansite, it's almost as if he DOESN'T want this movie to happen.

Submitted by Sirand on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 9:30pm.

I just hope this is better than GB2... which was a pile of ecto-poop!

Submitted by PelusaMG on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 1:09pm.
The Buz's picture

FALSE! GHOSTBUSTERS 2 ROCKS!

Submitted by The Buz on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 1:46pm.
MILES.
Nomad's picture

MILES.

Submitted by Nomad on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 1:11pm.
Nomad's picture

I would also like to point out, to the people that don't read the site often, that you should take note of how often we post RUMORS. Wink wink nudge nudge nuff said.

Submitted by Nomad on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 12:48pm.
The Buz's picture

You taste that? That's the taste of being right.

And it tastes delicious.

Submitted by The Buz on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 12:22pm.

Amazing, too?

Nah, GB2 is terrible.

A walking Statue of Liberty? Dumb as a bag of rocks.

Submitted by Terminal on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 3:15pm.