New Resident Evil Trailer

All right, why have I not heard of this before? Someone on this staff is going to be getting a beating. I’m looking at you, plagiarize!

A few months back it was announced that Sony would be working with Capcom to produce the first full CG-animated Resident Evil movie, to be called Resident Evil: Degeneration ("Sony is Biohazardous" - October 2007). This weekend the first alleged trailer showed up on Daily Motion, and even though there is some debate as to its legitimacy, it’s still pretty cool to look at. Dig it below!

- Johnny Butane

Wonder if this damn virus will ever be wiped out in the Dread Central forums!

This is 100% real.

I got my copy of RE Extinction on dvd, and it has a preview of Degeneration, and it's this exact trailer.

Submitted by Fireflyfan on Tue, 12/18/2007 - 1:32pm.

I doubt RE is going to drastically jump ship story wise like FF did.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Tue, 12/18/2007 - 12:01pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I'm kinda surprised they'd be doing another CG movie after Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. But I doubt it'd be as costly as that was.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Tue, 12/18/2007 - 8:28am.

Fuck it looks great to me. Can't be any worse than those three turds pawned as adaptations. This actually looks creepy and faithful. I hope it's real, and a movie.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 12:57pm.

Actually, there is little chance of this being fake. If it is, it's the best fake I have ever seen. NONE of this footage is from previous Resident Evil games, and I have played them all...the main series, umbrella chronicals, gaiden (the forgotten and shite gameboy entry), and the spin offs...not one thing in there is ''old'' footage.

Plus, there has been confirmation of a cgi movie for a while, so I have to say I'm pretty sure this is either real or the most expensive fake job in history.

Submitted by Fireflyfan on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 12:25pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Only because Kryten apparently did!

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 11:26am.

Ah, I see you've removed your comment about not getting the press release.....cool.

Submitted by josatana on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 11:04am.
Johnny Butane's picture

Hence my comment on its legitimacy...

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 9:43am.

I dunno, word on the street is that this is just a fan made trailer put together with old "footage"

Submitted by josatana on Mon, 12/17/2007 - 9:27am.