Midnight Meat Train Docks in July!

The Midnight Meat Train arrives in July!Lionsgate let us know today that it has once again decided to move the theatrical release date for Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train (review). So, do you want the good news or the bad news?

Well, the good news is that the film is arriving a month sooner than planned. MMT will skip back a month and arrive on July 11th. So, what's the bad news? It is opening up next to del Toro's Hellboy II! It's Ron Perlman vs. Vinnie Jones!

Ryuhei Kitamura directs as Vinnie Jones slaughters subway riders in an adaptation of Clive Barker's short stories; we follow a young photographer who gets caught up in the underground mess.

- Syxx

Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

I'll see Hellboy II instead.

Submitted by Terminal on Thu, 05/22/2008 - 9:09am.
ivelnoslo's picture

I would go see two movies on the same weekend, but my wife isn't a huge horror fan and I'm taking time off work to go see Hellboy II. Wait, I could do a double feature, actually. Hmmmm.

I hope it isn't dumped by Lionsgate. This movie looks gross, just how I like 'em.

Submitted by ivelnoslo on Thu, 05/22/2008 - 9:05am.

Other sites are reporting that they will dump MMT on only 30 (!!) screens instead of a wide release. If that's the case it hardly matters that they are putting it up against HELLBOY 2. Instead it seems they are only trying to fulfill their ciontractual obligation of a theatrical release before they can rush the flick to DVD.

Submitted by Caterpillar on Thu, 05/22/2008 - 3:40am.
Chainsaw's picture

Way to show your love for horror, Lionsgate, by pitting two horror movies against each other on their opening weekend. I applaud you.

Wait, no, applaud isn't the word? What was it? Oh yeah, "throw poop at".

Submitted by Chainsaw on Wed, 05/21/2008 - 5:56pm.
moderator How about seeing one Friday
Debi Moore's picture

How about seeing one Friday night and the other on Saturday or Sunday? That's what UC and I do when there are two or more films per weekend we want to see. That's assuming, of course, MMT gets a wide enough release to make that an option.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 05/21/2008 - 5:39pm.
ivelnoslo's picture

Oh, cool. I'll go see Hellboy II, then the next weekend I will...oh wait, I'll be seeing The Dark Knight the following Friday.

Hey, good one, Lionsgate! I was looking forward to this one, but you dumped it right square in the middle of summer when everyone has big summer blockbuster movies they want to see instead, even a dedicated horror fan such as myself.

I guess I'll be Netflixing it when it's released to dvd around October, just before Halloween?

Submitted by ivelnoslo on Wed, 05/21/2008 - 5:01pm.