Inside Duo Keep Halloween Alive?

Inside helmers to keep Halloween alive?Quick quiz; what's the very last thing you'd want Alexandre Bustillo & Julien Maury to follow-up Inside (DVD review) with now that they're off the Hellraiser remake? If you said Halloween 2, you'd be 100% correct!

Nevertheless, grumblings around Tinseltown are revealing that the duo may be *this close* to signing on to direct the sequel to Rob Zombie's $78 million (!) "re-imagining" of the classic horror series. STYD heard it from a very anonymous source, so please be sure to take this as rumor, nothing more, until there's confirmation one way or another.

A very sad, depressing rumor, too. The Inside duo are working on another French film called Snow, which they told Rue Morgue will be an adventurous movie with two hardcore-looking killers, so hopefully that'll happen instead, not in front or behind of, Halloween 2.

- Johnny Butane

Hope this doesn't happen in the Dread Central forums!

moderator The last time the French

The last time the French messed with Halloween was part 5. Look how that turned out. Even the mask looked like a nasty mime minus the black beret.

Still, the director's are an interesting choice.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 11:53pm.
Messiahman's picture

I want to see them remake Zombie's HALLOWEEN, rather than sequelize it. Then the cycle of cannibalism will finally be complete.

Submitted by Messiahman on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 11:45pm.
moderator Science!

Science!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 11:54pm.
elric300's picture

JFCOAS! Didn't Bob Weinstein even say that they wouldn't do any more films based off of this thing? Enough! Please! Zombie had the good sense to call it a day and move the hell on, afterwards.

I doubt that McDowell would come onboard, given his feelings about the film. Unless huge amounts of money were involved.

"Cue head hitting desk"

Submitted by elric300 on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 7:55pm.

I don't give two craps who directs it, a sequel to Rob Zombie's monstrosity would be terrible. No pretentious posturing is going to convince me this sequel would be great just because these two direct it. It'll either end up a remake to the remake, or a sequel that's worse than the first. Bleh.

Also, horror is dead.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 7:27pm.

I would like to see this happen... I think the Halloween franchise has at least one or two good movies left in it, and re-imagining/re-making Pt2 would not be a bad thing IMHO. In any case, I have no doubt that this will be no worse than RZ's shite-fest, and hopefully I will be able to sit through it all, instead of turning it off after an hour.

Submitted by PelusaMG on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 1:09pm.

Uh, so which ending would they go with if A&J were to make a RZ's Halloween 2?

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 12:55pm.

I'd rather some run-of-the-mill hack direct this since the Weinsteins would just try to crush a good director from doing his job.

Submitted by What The Cat Dr... on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 12:52pm.

So you're tired of the Halloween hating and then proceed to hate on Halloween yourself?

Submitted by G.D. on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 12:11pm.
Enraged_Otter's picture

I didn't say I hated it, I said I didn't like the series which means I don't care for it. What I meant to say was that the movie came out almost a year ago it's time to get over it, the sequels did the same for the franchise as Zombies remake. Besides when we're getting treated to a plethora of shittier movies remade from old shitty movies that people couldn't give a shit about doesn't that leave a lot to say about the state of our genre lately.

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Tue, 06/03/2008 - 9:05am.
Sirand's picture

I don't want to see ANY sequel to RZ's abomination.

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 10:57am.
Enraged_Otter's picture

I'm just tired of all the Halloween hating. I never liked the series to begin with and thought they were pretty boring and Micheal Myers is the least interesting slasher of all time in my book. Whatever I guess, I won't be watching that if it pops up or any of them at all anyway.

Submitted by Enraged_Otter on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 9:10am.

I still think Tyler Mane and Malcolm McDowell deserve a good script and a good director (or directors) to show a lot of people what they can really do. their performances strained against what they were given, and I honestly believe they could both do great jobs in a follow up.

Just may be that I'm the only one that wants to see it though.

Submitted by plagiarize on Mon, 06/02/2008 - 7:46am.