Hesseman Signs Up for Zombie's Halloween 2

Howard HessemanRob Zombie dropped the news today that Howard Hesseman has signed up with him for his upcoming Halloween 2. Zombie made the revelation through his Myspace blog (the modern man's press release medium), and revealed that Hesseman would be playing one Uncle Meat, owner of Uncle Meat's Java Hole.

Hesseman joins up with recently announced actors Dayton Callie (Deadwood) and Richard Brake (Perkins’ 14, Doom, Outpost) in Zombie's second installment of the Halloween reboot.

I know, I know, I cringe a little too. I mean, not about Hesseman; he's a great enough guy. The title of his character even sounds funny, and funny is good. It's just a little difficult to feel that excited about this project, given the huge fallout the first film encountered. It feels about as wise to make another Halloween film as it does for us to invade Iraq a third time. Will we ever learn?

- Tristan Sinns

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!

Discuss your favorite WKRP in Cincinnati episode in the Dread Central forums!

He should change it to Uncle Meat's Cornhole.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 11:19pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I've never seen a Rob Zombie film. I haven't avoided them, they just hold no interest to me. This trend continues.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 8:22pm.

...Uncle Meat's Java Hole...

Submitted by G.D. on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 4:43pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Makes ya proud to be a horror fan, doesn't it?

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 5:04pm.
moderator *grumbles incoherently for

*grumbles incoherently for 73 minutes and punches wall*

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 5:06pm.
NeoKefka's picture

Ah, so we've already got a preview of what the dinner for fiends discussing this will be like.

Submitted by NeoKefka on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 2:12pm.

I want this movie to be released just so I can hear another hilarious Dinner For Fiends

Submitted by nakattack on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 2:09pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

And you will, my friend... you will.

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 3:24pm.
DeTuinman's picture

Sigh....

Every single movie of Zombie is like one of his "songs"....it's about other movies.

His teenage look at horror is getting realy tiresome...
What's next....Warwick Davis as a gay, midget, male stripper?

The mind is like a parachute...it only works when it is open.
F.Zappa

Submitted by DeTuinman on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 1:28pm.
Johnny Butane's picture

Sadly, a lot of people do, Kid, which is why we have to keep talking about it...

Submitted by Johnny Butane on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 11:05am.
kiddcapone's picture

What's next?

Jonathan Winters playing Maude Frickert?

Who gives a fucking shit about this piece of garbage. 3 horrible films later, and Rob Zombie STILL can't write anything better or more clever than Uncle Meat's Java Hole.

Anyone looking forward to this flick needs a lobotomy.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 11:01am.
doubleh55's picture

I'm getting more enjoyment out of your avatar photo of the Koala than I'm going to get outta Halloween 2.

Submitted by doubleh55 on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 12:31pm.
Tristan Sinns's picture

Now, imagine that Koala with a bad white trash child hood, a growth spurt that puts it at about 350, and wielding a ginormous butcher knife.

*That's* a movie!

Submitted by Tristan Sinns on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 12:40pm.
hellbilly_drp's picture

He shoulda been in the first Zombie installment. Couldn't you just see him introduce himself...

DOCTORRR SAMMY LOOMISSSS!!!

Submitted by hellbilly_drp on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 10:18am.