Full Specs on Pumpkinhead's 20th

20 years and still ugly!The final details for the 20th anniversary DVD release of Stan Winston's Pumpkinhead headed down the tubes today. Tired of that bare bones release you've been sitting on all these years? Then get to stores on September 9th and pick up this feature-laden release!

When a group of rambunctious teenagers inadvertently kill his only son, Ed Harley (Lance Henriksen) seeks the magic of a backwoods witch to bring the child back. But instead, she invokes "the pumpkinhead" -- a monstrously clawed and fanged demon which, once reborn, answers only to Ed's bloodlust. But as the invincible creature wreaks its slow, unspeakable tortures on the teens, Ed confronts a horrifying secret about his connection to the beast -- and realizes that he must find a way to stop its deadly mission before he becomes one with it forever!

• Commentary by co-screenwriter Gary Gerani and creature and FX creators Tom Woodruff, Jr. and Alec Gillis; moderated by filmmaker Scott Spiegel
  • All-new featurettes
  • Pumpkinhead Unearthed
  • Evolution of a Demon
  • The Cursed and the Damned
  • The Tortured Soul of Ed Harley
  • Constructing Vengeance
  • Razorback Holler
  • Demonic Toys
  • Behind-The-Scenes Footage
  • Still Gallery

- Syxx

GET YOURSELF SOMETHING COOL FROM EVILSHOP!
    Discuss this article in the Dread Central Forums!

• -->

Sirand's picture

It's widescreen. And the transfer is absolutely GORGEOUS.

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 07/21/2008 - 10:35am.
    The Unknown Murderer's picture

Aahh. Thank you, Sirand. And thank you DVD gods!

I noticed lately that the Fullscreen versions of films sell for a bigger discount at places like Target and WalMart. It blows my mind that people still buy cropped crap.

I know a guy who refuses to buy widescreen because his tv is only 4:3. Does that make sense?

My wife likes to refer to the format as "Foolscreen".

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Mon, 07/21/2008 - 1:14pm.
    Chainsaw's picture

I don't see how it couldn't be widescreen. I mean, who does that in this day and age of HD and expect to still be in business?

Submitted by Chainsaw on Sun, 07/20/2008 - 10:16am.
    The Unknown Murderer's picture

Yeah, screw getting older. It isn't fair! How did 1988 disappear and fade into the distance behind us so quickly?

Is this in widescreen? I'm assuming yes as a cleaned up hi-def print has been shown on (I think) MGM HD channel lately.

I hope it's in widescreen. Or I ain't buyin'!

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Sat, 07/19/2008 - 10:58am.
    20 years?!?!
    Gus Bjork's picture

20 years?!?!

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 7:44pm.
    moderator Yeah, can you believe it?

Yeah, can you believe it? Who said getting older was gonna be OK? Did I miss that meeting?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 07/18/2008 - 7:47pm.
    Morgan Elektra's picture

You did. There were a large faction of us that opposed the move, but we lost by one vote. Thanks a lot, Creepy.

;)

Submitted by Morgan Elektra on Sat, 07/19/2008 - 3:32pm.