First Look at Depp as Mad Hatter?

If you can give Tim Burton anything, it’s that he gets his actors to wear some pretty ridiculous things in the name of his art. Take, for example, this candid shot of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter from Burton’s upcoming Alice in Wonderland adaptation. Not what I expected, for sure.

Of course, there’s always the chance this could be a fake pic, too, so we’ll keep our skepticism alive until we hear otherwise. Alice in Wonderland is set for a release on March 5th, 2010, and shooting is under way in London as we speak.

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter!?!

- Johnny Butane

CHECK OUT DREAD CENTRAL’S NEW POSTER STORE!
Tell us why you're quite mad in the Dread Central forums!

Chainsaw's picture

And gay guys the world over have their halloween costumes for the next 5 years.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Thu, 11/20/2008 - 1:22am.
Aghora Eats Kittens's picture

We sure that isn't Helena Bonham Carter?

www.myspace.com/mesqua
www.reverbnation.com/stevenguerrero

Submitted by Aghora Eats Kittens on Wed, 11/19/2008 - 12:02am.
frank_dracman's picture

Mad Hatter's a tranny? Hun, I didn't know that. I may be alone on this, but I think the Burton Depp Express is running out of track. I just want to see something different from them. Enough of the dark gothic creepy look guys, expand your horizons a little.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 5:46pm.
DavidFullam's picture

Sure this is not a pic from Twilight?

Submitted by DavidFullam on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 12:18pm.
elric300's picture

I love Johnny Depp...

But I do wish that Burton had cast Crispin Glover in the role. I think he would have been phenomenal.

But if this is real, it just got me more excited to see it, and in 3d as well.

Submitted by elric300 on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 11:29am.

Would somebody please explain the love of Crispin Glover? He seems to me to be an okay actor at best and I have heard many reports that he is a jerk in real life.

Anyway, the character that I really want to see is the Cheshire Cat. That cat is what it is all about.

And let me wane fanboy for del Toro here, but something like the puppet sequence from "Hellboy 2" would be an awesome way to get the Jabberwock in at the beginning.

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 5:35pm.
Filmczy's picture

Who knew Willy Wonka had a brother...

Submitted by Filmczy on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 9:10am.
goblin310's picture

WOW...WOW... i didnt imagine him like that at all

Submitted by goblin310 on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 8:05am.
The Unknown Murderer's picture

That is terrifying.

Submitted by The Unknown Murderer on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 5:39am.