Evilshop Exclusive: Night of the Living Dead Figures!

NotLD figures!Those of you out there who are serious collectors likely know the name Mego. Back in the 1970’s, Mego were the first company to release 8” poseable action figures for characters from “Star Trek” and “Batman”. Emce Toys recently brought the Mego line back from the dead, so to speak, and are now reaching out to horror fans with new Mego-style figures from the 1968 classic Night of the Living Dead!

The Night of the Living Dead figures will include Duane Jones as Ben and Bill Hinzman as the Graveyard Zombie, with Barbara and Karen Cooper figures planned for release later this year. And the best part? For a limited time you can only get the figures through Evilshop!

NotLD figures!“This is the first new line released since MEGO Corp. closed in the 1980s,” said Paul “Dr. Mego” Clarke, who co-created the EMCE Toys brand at SphereWerx Micromedia, in a press release, “We brought back the classic Star Trek and Planet of the Apes toys this year, and now we’ve created an entirely new line with the involvement of the original Mego players.”

Each figure in the series have sculpts approved by the actor or their respective estates, and the figures will come packaged in blister packs featuring illustrations by original Mego artist Harold Shull. This is a truly historic event for both collectors and horror fans and will likely be the first of many such lines if all goes well!

Don’t hesitate, they won't be our exclusives for long! Click here to get the Ben figure from Evilshop or click here to get the Gravetard Zombie figure! There are even more, non-exclusive Night of the Living Dead goodies in Evilshop, too; click here for a sample!

NotLD figures! NotLD figures! NotLD figures!

NotLD figures! NotLD figures! NotLD figures!

- Johnny Butane

Discuss the movies that made you what you are in the Dread Central forums!

Gus Bjork's picture

I used to sleep next to my Planet of the Apes Tree House with all the Megos inside.

There I said it....

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 11:06pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I still can't believe I was lucky enough to have Batman, Captain America, and Spock Megos. Those things were awesome.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 10:39pm.

Still have Hulk and Spidey Megos.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 9:43pm.

Ah you old people and your moon pies and penny whistles. Hehe. Kidding.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 9:02pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Kids today. You missed out on some kick ass toys.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 8:43pm.

"I think that's keeping with the Mego style Terminal."

After doing some research, you're right. I see your point. I haven't been familiar with Mego before.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 7:18pm.
Rotten Cotton Shawn's picture

Yea, this are right on the money, Classic Mego look. Perfect.

Submitted by Rotten Cotton Shawn on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 3:03pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

I think that's keeping with the Mego style Terminal. That way you can pose him will other Mego's. Give him a little subpeona and you can create the classic scene of Black Lightning (in his civilian identity) submitting an EEOC claim against the Justice Leage.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 2:53pm.

I'm not a fan. They look too cartoonish.

Submitted by Terminal on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 2:40pm.

I'd shave the ass hairs off a rabid tiger for a Mego Black Devil Doll.

Submitted by Kryten Syxx on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 2:11pm.
Rotten Cotton Shawn's picture

Wow, now those I must own. Excellent! And just so everyone knows, the same folks are working on a Mego Black Devil Doll from our film... -shawn

Submitted by Rotten Cotton Shawn on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 1:50pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

Me, Santa Claus and Mego go back a long ways. And this seems priced about right. Still, they should include Ben with a hammer, some boards and carpentry tips printed on the back of the package.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 12:11pm.
Chainsaw's picture

I have seen some cool things in my life. Man landing on the moon. Being able to take an entire music library in a handheld device. Ken Foree eating cake. But I think that this may top them all.

Submitted by Chainsaw on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 11:05am.