A Third Descent Planned?

Third Descent movie planned?While I’m not exactly looking forward to The Descent 2 (I refuse to use their weird lettering) without Neil Marshall on board, when he discussed the sequel at Fear Fest he seemed pretty confident that editor-turned-director Jon Harris would do a good job with it. So where does that leave us for The Descent 3?

B-D got word via a Descent 2 casting call that there are plans in place for a third trip to the caves. The casting agency is looking for a Latina woman to play Deputy Ellen Ross, and whoever gets the role will be signing a two-picture deal.

I have no problem with more visits to the underground, but man is it going to be tough for anyone to match what Marshall did in his 2004 original, let alone try to top it. As long as they stick to being genuinely scary and claustrophobic, and hopefully don’t do an origin movie, I’ll follow it down.

- Johnny Butane

Find some very tight spaces in the Dread Central forums!

PelusaMG's picture

Hoverboards and frisbees...

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 11:03pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

There better be hoverboards in this.

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 8:37pm.

I have to agree with JB, Marshall's film will be a standalone for me.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 12:46pm.
Gus Bjork's picture

"At some point, Neil Marshall will say that he "always envisioned The Descent as a trilogy". :D"

Oh man I bet he will.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 11:47am.
Tsotha-lanti's picture

Let me make a prediction:

Submitted by Tsotha-lanti on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 11:18am.
PelusaMG's picture

The De3cent... It can't avoid being an origin movie of some sort!

I agree with you JB, The Descent (for me) was pretty much a stand-alone movie. I cannot see what this sequel is going to add, or how things might be developed. Saying that I also thought the same about Saw, and look where we are with that franchsise... :-/

Submitted by PelusaMG on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 8:40am.
DW Bostaph Jr's picture

I agree with you regarding an origin movie, what a friggin mistake that would be. But, now that you said it, look for them to do an "old west" cave dweller for the 4th one.

Then we move on to Cave Dweller vs. Feast Creatures for part 5.

Submitted by DW Bostaph Jr on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 7:52am.
thedudeabides's picture

So they're shooting parts 2 & 3 back to back, like Back to the Future II & III?

Submitted by thedudeabides on Wed, 03/26/2008 - 5:34am.