Starring Carrie Keagan, Chase Williamson, Jennifer Blanc-Biehn
Directed by Staci Layne Wilson
Idiosyncrasies – we’ve all got them. Be it an obsession with something that trips our trigger, or the simplistic thought of something pleasing – while others may call it a fetish, the pin-up beauties at Fetish Factory call it “money.” But the question remains: is this send-up of B-movie nostalgia got the chops to represent the cheese-filled presentations of the past, or will this be yet another T&A show with a little comedic-horror thrown in? Okay, some of you that are here SIMPLY for the t & a, please form a line to the left – horror lovers, to the right…maybe we can meet in the middle on this one.
Directed by Staci Layne Wilson, the film centers on the burlesqued bevy of beauties employed at the aforementioned factory, dolling up to strut their stuff on stage for the paying customer, and then taking the ones that pay considerably more backstage to fulfill their desires – absolutely NO sex on the menu here, ya reprobates! This club is strictly for allowing the patrons to blow off a little repressed steam, all the while tossing greenbacks at the gals. Starring Carrie Keagan as Bettie (Miss Page, I presume), and the stunning Biehn as Jayne, the ladies’ simple plan for a productive night at the club goes awry when a band of flesh-craving lunatics come pounding at the door, and our band of lavish lasses are forced to fend them off before becoming zombie-chow.
The movie certainly doesn’t take itself seriously (not that it should), and Wilson’s direction seems honest and fun, which only adds to the movie’s entertainment-factor. Female empowerment is on the menu here, and the idea that guys are knocking at the door for a little fun, then knocking DOWN the same doors for a little dinner is both symbolic and salient all in the same breath. Clocking in at a scant 70-minutes, the film does take a bit of time to get going, but the fellas won’t mind with all the eye-candy floating about, and when the inevitable attack occurs, it speeds the movie up to a respectable pace and a somewhat rounded-out sense of completion. Wilson’s directorial-style looks like a woman whose love of horror shines through, and with ample doses of subtle-sexuality and laughs, this trip to the flesh-house is well worth the dollars being strewn on stage – make it rain!
- One-Eye I had the game on the venerable Commodore64 and it was shit. I could just never figure out how to play it and I got killed every time.
- The One and Only One you might've missed was PREDATOR Vs. MAGNUS:ROBOT FIGHTER from 1993 that Dark Horse did with Valiant Comics. Fun two issue mini having Magnus fight a Predator in the Mile Spires of the 41st...
- Jason Pankoke RIP the "Hollywood" R/Greenberg. He went to school and taught at the University of Illinois where I live before moving to NYC and starting his first design firm. I have a souvenir book of an exhibit...
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
SLEEP EATERS Review – A Serious Case Of The Flesh-Munchies Strikes Back!
Brennan Went to Film School: Whoops, I Went and Did a Queer Interpretation of PREDATOR
Filming Begins on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2
Exclusive: 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME Clip Doesn’t Know Who to Trust
Interview: Bailee Madison Talks Doing Her Own Stunts in THE STRANGERS: PREY AT NIGHT
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
Exclusive: This PREACHER Clip Ramps up the Spice!
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Editorials6 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
News5 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News5 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News6 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Rob Zombie Says “Sh*t Gets Crazy!” in 3 FROM HELL
News4 days ago
RKSS’ Nostalgia Thriller SUMMER OF ’84 Lands Summer of ’18 Release Date
Reviews4 days ago
ZOMBIE 3 Blu-ray Review – The Combined Might Of Three Italian Gorehounds Makes For One Insane Adventure