Starring Anna Heidegger, Cris Kotzen, Iman Rezai
Directed by Kevin Kopacka
Ripe with Argento-like imagery, Kevin Kopacka’s Hades makes you think twice about closing your peepers for a long night of sleep, for not even Freddy Krueger himself would want to carouse around in this dream-world.
Coming in around the 15-minute mark, this hyper-chromatic delve into a woman’s never-ending nightmare is oddly transfixing – with no dialogue to speak of, the scenery takes on the bulk of the work here in telling the tale. Trapped in a surreal existence where she must cross the five rivers of Hades, a young woman (Heidegger) experiences multiple frightening images that are enhanced greatly by the chilling scenery surrounding her.
In order to make sense of her relationship with her love, each corresponding river must be crossed, and it’s really a treat visually to check out. If you’re a fan of Italian-styled horror representation, I can only recommend this trip across the rivers to give it a look – you won’t be disappointed.
- virgo02 I really liked the movie when it came out and I still do. I just watched it the other day. I still can't believe they took away the sibling part of the movie. That too me made it more suspenseful. The...
- Nick Greeley Nice clickbait. It’s OLD news that H20 started as a passion project for her, but everything fell apart when Carpenter and Hill didn’t come back, and Moustapha Akkad refused to let the writers kill...
- Mackey Would be awesome if Amazon or Netflix could save "The Exorcist" too
- One-Eye I remember it as being one of the better post SCREAM slasher movies. I certainly haven't watched it since then.
- One-Eye I kind of dig how Osment is just like "Yeah, I'm fat and have a big, bushy beard. And that's how I'm gonna stay now..."
Join the Box of Dread Mailing List
MY MONSTER Short Film Review: Izzy Lee Proves That Love Bites
SUSPIRIA Remake Rated R For Ritualistic Violence, Graphic Nudity, and More
Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY Remake Begins Filming!
Will Emma Roberts Return for AHS Crossover Season?
Exhuming TALES FROM THE CRYPT: Three Crowded Graves
Bill Skarsgard on Stephen King’s IT: CHAPTER 2’s Adult Cast
Hollywood Science Fiction Museum Founder Arrested on Child Pornography Charges
5 Zombie Films That Flipped The Script
Gender Bashing: Manly Spectacle in PREDATOR
New Stephen King Movie TRAPPED Announced by Richard Chizmar
E3 2018: BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 Giving the Fans a Chance to Create
HEREDITARY – Interview with Writer-Director Ari Aster and the Cast
THE MIMIC – Exclusive Clip Introduces Us to The Girl
Dinosaurs Make Lousy Organ Donors in the TRIASSIC WORLD Trailer
Exclusive: Dinosaurs, Golden Retrievers, and PREHYSTERIA! Oh My!
Editorials4 days ago
Let’s Explain the Ending to HEREDITARY
News3 days ago
FRIDAY THE 13TH Meets MEAN GIRLS in FAT CAMP MASSACRE
News4 days ago
Netflix Steps in to #SaveLUCIFER
News3 days ago
Jamie Lee Curtis Did HALLOWEEN: H20 For the Paycheck
News24 hours ago
Remember CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON’S QUEST’s Controversial Nintendo Power Cover?
Drinking With the Dread5 days ago
Drinking With The Dread: A PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2 Double Down!
Reviews4 days ago
HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!
News5 days ago
AHS Season 8 Officially Coven/Murder House Crossover!