Pre-Order Alien Isolation to Play as Original Cast Members; Sigourney Weaver Returns as Ellen Ripley!You are hiding in a locker and keep telling yourself, "Breathe slow, breathe slow." But it’s hard to stay calm when all you can see is a gigantic tail laboring across the floor in front of you, attached to a body that craves your mortal coil with a need only known by crackheads at 6 am.

If this scene from the upcoming horror game Alien: Isolation doesn’t sound inviting enough, Sega announced a huge pre-order bonus for the upcoming title.

Pre-ordering Alien: Isolation will grant players access to two downloadable missions that will allow them to relive two classic scenes from the film and feature voice acting and likenesses of the film’s original actors. Gamers can look forward to seeing Veronica Cartwright (Lambert), Harry Dean Stanton (Brett), Yaphet Kotto (Parker), Ian Holm (Ash), and Ripley herself, Golden Globe winner Sigourney Weaver.

Gamers who pre-order Alien: Isolation will automatically be upgraded to the Nostromo Edition, which includes the bonus mission Crew Expendable. Gamers will play as either Ripley, Dallas, or Parker as they attempt to lure the alien into the airlock, only moments after Brett’s death.

Those who pre-order from GameStop will also receive the Last Survivor mission where Ripley must navigate through the Nostromo to activate the self-destruct sequence before escaping on the shuttle Narcissus.

On working with the original cast, creative lead on Alien: Isolation Alistair Hope said, "It was important for us to have the key original cast members reprise their roles in order to perfectly capture the atmosphere of the movie." This shows promise as time has been taken to bring the film’s anguishing tension to the upcoming game.

This news was accompanied by a new trailer, found below.

Alien: Isolation will be available October 7th for PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. For more info visit the official Alien: Isolation website, "like" Alien: Isolation on Facebook, and follow Alien: Isolation on Twitter.

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation

Alien: Isolation

Subscribe to the Dread Central YouTube Channel!
Hope for the best in the comments section below.

GODFLESH69's picture

Not drinking SEGA's KoolAid!

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Sat, 07/12/2014 - 1:54pm.
Sirand's picture

Judging by all the overwhelming reactions at E3, I wouldn't be so quick to condemn this. Several game journalists I know who played it have said it lives up to the hype.

Can you imagine playing this thing on Oculus Rift?

Submitted by Sirand on Fri, 07/11/2014 - 11:05am.
frank_dracman's picture

You have to remember they cherry pick the best part for the public to play. I bet the hide-and-go-murder gameplay was amazing, but how are they going to stretch that into a full game without the average gamer getting bored? They've already said there will be "other enemies" besides the alien. That's a black flag to me.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 07/11/2014 - 11:27am.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

I agree with you there.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Fri, 07/11/2014 - 11:55pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Yeah no, can't stand Gamestop for starters I understand that a big chunk of their business model is used games but when I say I want a new game and not interested in a membership….please stop. I work retail and get the 'No' you stop the pitch.

I'll try to find the article again but was reading a few days ago that Gamestop is trying to get it's foot in the door AS the game is being developed; cherry picking what they want for their exclusives. To compound it you have Best Buy, Amazon, and others sitting there and thinking exactly the same thing.

"Oh you wanted multiplayer? Sorry that's Best Buy's version." "Oh sorry to complete the game you need this special device which comes free if you order from Gamestop"

Sooner or later it's just going to be empty boxes with artwork. I'm supportive of store exclusives like one has a steel book or figurines….but once you're stripping elements of the game away for a specific retailer, screw that.

More importantly, more broadly with games in general is that as slick, stylish, and fun as they are the quantity you get per title has dropped significantly as years have gone on. Yes for every Far Cry 3, Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored, or Elder Scrolls with hours upon hours of gameplay even if you breeze straight through…there's DOZENS of Call of Dutys or Kane & Lynch's where you're done in about an afternoon.

I remember reviewers getting angry if a game only had 8-12hrs of gameplay if you took the time to complete everything when the average was closer to 20+; now it's "yeah 8-12hrs to be a completionist that's pretty good for a game".

I don't pre-order games anymore after getting screwed on a certain military shooter franchise realizing the sequel is just a redressed version of the previous game. Hell really don't buy games anymore till they get down to $20-30 (at most) discount bins because after the Copycat of Duty franchise, a round of being screwed by reading glowing reviews of crap, and buying games that I buy at lunch and finish before dinner….I'm DONE with this bullcrap.

Why should I drop $60+ for a game that is high quality; but if the quantity of the gameplay is crap; why pay that much? I can wait for the price to drop; been doing it long enough it's not torture anymore.

Definitely count me out of a pre-order.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Thu, 07/10/2014 - 8:55am.
moderator It's not often that video

It's not often that video game news be the coolest story of the day but there ya go!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 07/09/2014 - 2:47pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Coolest story? When I read this I was pissed, and am shocked that people just go along with this bullshit and saying "Oh happy day"!

For Sega to pull this after Colonial Marines (yes I know they didn't make it) shows they have zero interest in customer satisfaction and leaving out the (arguably) best part for a ransom just shows their audacity and slimy business practice. "We fucked you over once, but this time it will be different, I swear!". We're a bunch of battered fanboys and keep making the same mistake over and over.

If you went to a James Bond movie and the ticket taker said "Oh, you want the opening action scene? that will be $3 extra. And if you want the bonus scene at the end you have to drive to the other theater" you'd slap the bitch and turn around and leave. This is exactly what AAA games are doing. Forcing you to buy from certain retailers or pay more money for the same content later.

I'm done with these AAA games. I'll rent them, buy them used or borrow. These greedy fuckers will never get the full amount from me. Indie games are where the creativity and future is.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 07/09/2014 - 5:12pm.
MonsterMash's picture

Exactly. Fuck that. I'd honestly buy this if it was guaranteed to be a great game but I have my doubts and with good reason. The Ripley stuff could be great, but I've never paid sixty bucks for a game and I plan on never doing so. That's way too much for a potentially shitty game. Don't even get me started on the exclusive crap. Not to mention, with every developer making half a game nowadays, they all get your money via dlc that should have come with the game. I love Alien as much as anyone else, but I don't love dropping money on shit games.

Submitted by MonsterMash on Wed, 07/09/2014 - 5:33pm.
moderator Gearbox is the one who

Gearbox is the one who screwed the pooch on Colonial Marines. From what I've seen and heard about this game I'm guardedly optimistic. Weaver returning to the character after 17 years does have me jazzed though.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 07/09/2014 - 6:01pm.
MonsterMash's picture

As it should. But FrankDrac is right. No big developers give a fuck about the final product anymore as long as it sells. This will rack up a massive preorder crowd because they decided to take the best part of the game and make it an exclusive. Will it be a good game? Seems it hardly matters to them. Or us. Somebody's constantly buying enough of these things to ensure they can lazily crank a few out every now and then with the Alien name and a certain crowd will always show up no matter how disappointing the last release is. I think that's how the transformers movies operate... Anyway, I love the AvP that they released myself, but I cant muster much excitement for this.

Submitted by MonsterMash on Wed, 07/09/2014 - 7:28pm.