John Carpenter and Sandy King Open Their Asylum on Dread Central Live! Watch NOW!

Next On Dread Central Live - Horror Master John Carpenter and Sandy KingThe third episode of our live internet news/talk show Dread Central Live is here for your viewing pleasure, and it features none other than the one and only John Carpenter as well as his producing partner, Sandy King!

We switched things up this episode as per your suggestions and have ditched the headlines for more topical discussion. Why? Because we listen and want to give you guys the show that you want. Keep those suggestions coming in, and we'll do our best to keep changing and shaping our program to suit you!

Now then, on to the goods!

Dread Central Live airs every Monday at 4PM PT / 7PM ET. Be sure to tune in.

Dread Central Live is a live, half-hour news/information/talk show dedicated to covering all aspects of the horror genre.

Hosts Staci Layne Wilson and "Gore Whore" Vanessa Gomez will guide viewers on a weekly journey of keeping current in horror via news updates, interviews with genre and mainstream stars and filmmakers, exclusive clips, trailer premieres, as well as exclusive coverage from set visits for horror feature films and TV shows in production. During the interview portions of the show, fans can submit questions via Twitter and Facebook, moderated by “Jill Kill” and asked on-air by Staci and Vanessa in real time. DC Editor-in-Chief Steve "Uncle Creepy" Barton will also make regular appearances, giving his unique “bat’s eye view” perspective on the genre that has fueled a lifelong obsession with the macabre!

Dread Central has ALWAYS been brought to you by fans for fans. We consider you guys our peers, and since we don't have - and have never had - a parent company behind us, we like to think that the site and everything it does belongs to you. That being said... starting NOW, tweet us @DreadCentral with your questions and comments, and we'll be answering everything that we can get to in REAL TIME.

How does all this magic happen? Just be sure to use the hashtag #DreadLive when you tweet and post! You can also leave your questions and comments on the official Dread Central Facebook page.

That's it! See you live and direct every Monday! For more information check out Dread Central Live on Daily Motion!

Dread Central Live

Dread Central Live

Dread Central Live

Dread Central Live

Get LIVE in the comments section below!

PelusaMG's picture

My only comment is that you tighten up the shots on the individual presenters so we get closer and more of a sense of intimacy. Right now they look like they are sitting halfway down the frame. Also remember the rule of thirds. Apart from that, the show is certainly finding its feet and people seem a lot more relaxed. Keep up the good work :D

Submitted by PelusaMG on Thu, 02/20/2014 - 6:13pm.
Screamz's picture

Another great show. Wish I had something more conducive to say about what could be done better or what's not working, but you guys seem to know what you're doing. Each week the show has gotten better with fewer and fewer hiccups. The disasterpiece did feel a little rushed. Guess that's my only real critique.

Would have left a comment last week, but I had to rush off to the Robocop screening, which I quite enjoyed. It's just a fun sci-fi actioneer.

Looking forward to the next show. Keep doing what you're doing 'cause it's working just fine...

Submitted by Screamz on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 9:06pm.

I'm liking DC Live more and more. The hosts seem more polished with every episode, and Uncle Creepy thankfully looks more relaxed.

One thing sorely lacking is the biting satire and snark that I enjoy about DC. The hosts seem very inclined to be nice to one another. I'd love to hear some real debating and occasional satire like I've heard in the DC Podcast. It seems like they're trying too hard to be neutral, which can be boring.

Even friends can have heated debates.

The show definitely needs a lot of odds and ends tightened up, but it could be a nice addition to DC.

I'm not rushing to see every episode, but I think with enough time I may make it a priority viewing whenever it's up.

Submitted by Terminal on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 6:47am.
MonsterMash's picture

Wow. Gotta love John. Such a cool guy. He seems happy to just chill, but you never brought up Darkchylde. What the Fuck? Otherwise, much better than the first episode. Ignore the Naysayers, Vanessa Gomez does just fine on the show, sure she messed up a few trivial facts, but otherwise, she's done a good job so far.

Submitted by MonsterMash on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 12:16am.
frank_dracman's picture

Ignore the naysayers?! I say nay to you good sir, NAY! I think she's easily the worst part of the show and where else am I to air my grievances concerning such an important matter?! For if free speech is stifled, man must subjugate himself to the beliefs of the unwashed masses!

You know what it is? If I was at a bar and started talking to the Whore, after 30 seconds I'd pick up my fruity umbrella drink and go find someone else to talk to. I think I've made myself perfectly redundant and won't harp on her in further episodes.

I can totally see John sitting around in his underwear, smoking cigs (or something else) and playing Resident Evil. I would have loved to hear what games he plays and if he'd ever do an adaptation.

Now I got to go find that Youtube video of him flipping off a fan. That sounds epic.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 11:06am.
GODFLESH69's picture

I'll find that link with Carpenter for you guys.

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Thu, 02/20/2014 - 12:58pm.
moderator Absolutely we want to hear
Debi Moore's picture

Absolutely we want to hear everyone's feedback - good, bad, and everything in between. If people just said, "Oh, everything's great" to our faces but then stopped tuning in, that wouldn't be very helpful or productive. Constructive criticisms are always welcome.

Submitted by Debi Moore on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 3:25pm.
MonsterMash's picture

Uh... That's cool that you don't like her. Whatever. I wasn't making a personal attack on you or the idea of free speech. Say whatever you want. That said, I can't find that video.

Submitted by MonsterMash on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 3:23pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Don't sweat it, man. People love to get on their soapboxes and defend freedom of speech on the dumbest things and I was just being a dick. The humor was lost somewhere along the line.

I couldn't find the video either.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 6:17pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

I applaud the effort but really disappointed that King did most of the talking and it just seemed like a promo shoot for the comic . They had the man in front of them just think it was a missed opportunity to deliver something deeper.

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 11:27pm.
moderator Here's the thing about

Here's the thing about John.... He's been asked the same questions about his work millions of times, so he just doesn't really want to rehash things over and over again. I don't blame him for that and I'm pretty sure anyone in his position would feel similar. He and Sandy were there to talk about their new project they're working on together so that was the focus.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 3:54am.
GODFLESH69's picture

That's cool i got that vibe too .I was watching a vid on youtube where he was at a Horror convention someone asked him what the hell happened on Escape From LA without hesitation Carpenter threw up double birdies & told him to fuck off . The guy has done some great stuff sure a couple misfires but his classics make up for those. Thanks bud & good luck with future episodes.

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 9:40am.

Staci and Jill are great. I miss Inside Horror. But get rid of this Gore Whore person. She's an insult to horror fans and women in general.

Submitted by kdogg2099 on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 11:15pm.
moderator I'm wondering what makes you
Debi Moore's picture

I'm wondering what makes you think you speak for all women. Are you even a woman? I certainly don't feel insulted by her - as a horror fan OR a woman. Maybe you can be a little more specific?

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 02/20/2014 - 8:02pm.
moderator And exactly how is she

And exactly how is she insulting? Because she likes movies with boobs and blood? Because she refers to herself As a gore whore? I spend lots of money on gory movies, books. Etc, I'm pretty much a gore whore for it too. In fact we all basically are. Is it just the usage of the word whore in a playful manner? We watch movies where countless acts of violence are committed and we smile ear to ear the whole time... But it's the usage of a provocative word that's just insulting? Really?

Has she made a few mistakes? yeah, we all have. Vanessa isn't a horror expert, she's a horror enthusiast. She loves this stuff as much as anyone I know and believe me I can vouch for her on that. The fact is doing a show like this is constant pressure and butterflies can and will set in. We have no second takes or tries. Staci is the expert, Vanessa is the enthusiast and Jill is the bridge between. That's the formula. Someone for everyone to relate to.

I applaud both Staci, Jill, and Vanessa for their sheer guts and determination to get up and do it. Believe me it ain't easy.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 4:07am.
frank_dracman's picture

Michael Bay did not direct ANoES remake. Don't know if the Whore had a brain fart or what. We're 3 episodes in and I have to say I don't care for her. Don't know what it is. Maybe it's the pseudo-Elvira shtick. She doesn't feel genuine. She comes off as juvenile with the blood and boobs remarks. I'd like to think we're a little more sophisticated than that around here. And she liked Carrie. Less Whore, more Stacy.

The Jill Kill disasterpieces felt really rushed. Here's a movie. Watch it. No synopsis, screenshots, trailer, nothing. It was really kind of pointless aside from being an audience participation segment.

JC was great. There is a man who truly doesn't give a fuck. It was a fun interview but it did get a little rapey toward the end.

And I know you guys have to make money, but an advertisement every 5 minutes? Jesus, that's fucking annoying.

All in all it's pretty good. 3/5

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 10:49pm.
moderator Unfortunately we have no

Unfortunately we have no control over Daily motions advertising practices.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 4:10am.
frank_dracman's picture

Well Creepy, I guess I can put up with th- OH LOOK A DOG !! DOES YOUR DOG HAVE DOG BREATH?! WE CAN FIX THAT!!! -em as long as I can watch the show at my leisure. The Monday night show is impossible for me to catch.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 10:51am.
aliensharkboy's picture

Being half past midnight here, I'm in no state to be suggesting ideas for future DCLive episodes. However, I can say that this show's beginning to feel much more confident. Catching these late Tuesday nights after busy days is becoming a nice habit! :)

Submitted by aliensharkboy on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 8:31pm.
moderator Thanks man. I really feel

Thanks man. I really feel this was a step in the right direction for us flow wise. Just felt looser and more natural.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Tue, 02/18/2014 - 10:22pm.