Submission Period Now Open for 2nd Annual ScreamCraft Horror Script Contest
Do you have a horror story rattling around in your brain that you're just itching to tell? Well, now's your chance to let your unique voice be heard. Read on for details about the 2nd Annual ScreamCraft Horror Script Contest, which puts your ideas into the hands of genre heavyweights!
Entry submissions begin TODAY, February 14, 2014!
From the Press Release
ScreenCraft is thrilled to announce the jury for the 2nd Annual ScreamCraft Horror Script Contest, in partnership with Shock Till You Drop. The cash prize has doubled to $2,000 this year, and the winner will also receive a one-on-one phone consultation with Hollywood filmmaker Scott Derrickson, writer-director of such celebrated films as SINISTER, THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE, and the upcoming DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
The jury for the 2014 ScreamCraft Horror Script Contest includes the following esteemed judges:
· Ryan Turek, founder and editor of popular horror website ShockTillYouDrop.com
· Scott Henderson, agent at Paradigm Talent Agency, represents renowned horror filmmakers James Wan and Leigh Whannell
· Andrew Wilson, manager at Zero Gravity, represents acclaimed horror writer Clive Barker
· Amotz Zachai, manager at Echo Lake Management, represents legendary filmmakers including master horror writer-director John Carpenter
· Jessica Hall, Senior Vice President at Blumhouse Productions, the company behind micro-budget horror hits including the Paranormal Activity, Insidious, The Purge and Sinister franchises
· Lucy Mukerjee, Vice President of Production and Development at After Dark Films
This second annual competition seeks fresh voices in horror screenwriting – a genre with a proven international fan base and a long history of showcasing emerging talent. “I always look forward to discovering new voices and seeing where the next wave of writers is taking the genre,” said Paradigm Agency’s Scott Henderson.
Last year’s inaugural contest partnered with Kailey Marsh’s The Blood List, and the grand prize winner was Lichelli Lazar-Lea’s screenplay “Vera.”
The contest is operated by ScreenCraft, a media company dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers master their craft and connect them with managers, agents and producers who need good scripts.
Submission and eligibility info can be found here: ScreenCraft.org/horror.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Try and win in the comments section below!