Handy New RoboCop Image

Handy New RoboCop ImageEntertainment Weekly's 2014 preview issue is out tomorrow, and it's brimming with all sorts of goodies. First up right now is a new image from the upcoming remake of RoboCop which finds our hero admiring his new duds in a state of awe. Check it out!

Jose Padilha's film stars Joel Kinnaman as the title hero plus Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jay Baruchel, Michael Keaton, Michael Kenneth Williams, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Abbie Cornish, Aimee Garcia, and Jackie Earle Haley.

Related Story: RoboCop News Archive

Synopsis
In RoboCop the year is 2029, and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe, and now they want to bring this technology to the home front.

Alex Murphy is a loving husband, father, and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes its remarkable science of robotics to save Alex’s life.

He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

For more visit the RoboCop Facebook page.

RoboCop

RoboCop

Get down with OCP in the comments section below!

Source: Entertainment Weekly

GODFLESH69's picture

I like the cast but it's a travesty making this PG13 feed the sheep shit what the hell the original 2 were hard R the way they had to be not buying into this one disappointed!!!

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 1:25pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Let's see who can guess how many more articles we'll see before this turd is unleashed.

February 12th..that's about 5 weeks from now. I'm betting Creepy will throw up another 4 before release.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 8:52pm.
moderator "Throw up" is just about
Debi Moore's picture

"Throw up" is just about right! LOL

Submitted by Debi Moore on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 9:57pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

"So which hand do I jerk off with?"

*CRUNCH*

"WRONG HAND! WRONG FUCKING HAND!"

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 6:08pm.

Its fine, I'm sure he has a robocock.

Submitted by Chernobyl Kinsman on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 10:50pm.

I really don't think this piece of shit will score any higher than 20% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 4:24pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Come on, it's not like a Paranormal Activity film ?!?!?!?! Which just slipped down to 39% for those scoring at home...

True Story: I've never seen the original Robocop so I don't have a dog in this fight when it comes to the remake.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 9:44pm.
frank_dracman's picture

How could you have not seen one of the best action movies of all time?! Are you afraid it won't live up to it's legacy? Or you have no interest in seeing a badass cyborg cleaning up Old Detroit? Whatever the case may be, I would correct that oversight post haste. You'll be glad you did.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 10:20pm.
kiddcapone's picture

I dunno...it just never seemed like a movie I felt like watching. I also never saw Psycho, Top Gun, any Austin Powers movie, The Godfather, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Platoon, any Fast & Furious, etc.

Some films just slip through the cracks, no matter how many you try and watch...

Submitted by kiddcapone on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 10:53pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

Geez Kidd you've missed some classics you owe it to yourself to catch up on those it amazes me when i tell the kids now days about classics like The Thing or Scanners and they have no idea WTF i'm talking about !

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 1:29pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Well while we're confessing, I'll admit I've never seen The Exorcist. I've seen bits on TV, walked in on people watching it, but never sat down and viewed the whole thing. I've seen all the sequels and one of the newer remakes (forgot which one) but have no excuse for my oversight.

Thing is, I'm really not interested in seeing it. Demon possession movies don't do anything for me. People say it's one of the scariest movies ever, and I'll take them at their word. I guess maybe subconsciously I don't want to be disappointed or watch it and go "eh".

And yes, Scanners is the tits. Ironside is the man.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 5:15pm.
LifeMi's picture

I've never seen Scanners.

Submitted by LifeMi on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 8:32pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

SCANNERS is classic Cronenberg tell me you have seen RABID,THE FLY, DEAD ZONE,VIDEODROME,THE BROOD,NAKED LUNCH? all classics in my book if not i guess you need to catch up!!!

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 12:46am.
LifeMi's picture

I've seen fly dead zone and brood but not rabid videodrome or naked lunch they're on my to see list along with scanners

Submitted by LifeMi on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 3:04am.
Cinemascribe's picture

Check out Videodrome ASAP. That's a terrific bit of surrealistic horror with a knockout central performance by James Woods.

Submitted by Cinemascribe on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 4:24pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Oh man, I forgot a bout Rabid. The last time I saw that was on VHS. Did it ever get a proper DVD release? It wasn't his greatest movie, but something a Cronenberg fan should have to complete his collection. Don't forget about eXistenZ (not the dick pill, the movie).

Submitted by frank_dracman on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 9:57am.
GODFLESH69's picture

you can find a torrent out there for Rabid , it was definately another film before its time classic Cronenberg.

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 3:55pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

Wow Exorcist is a classic of classics got the Regan/Pazuzu bobble head at my work station among all my other figures thought all us Fiends had seen that by now but if it's not your bag no reason to i guess an updated take on possession i loved is The Shrine that's a great flick too.

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Fri, 01/10/2014 - 7:51pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

No mas, Steve. No mas.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 3:24pm.
moderator How do you think I feel?

How do you think I feel?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 3:27pm.