Director Found for World War Z Sequel

Director Found for World War Z SequelConsidering the grueling production woes behind the first film, it's a wonder that World War Z turned out as good as it did. So will production finally go smoothly on its sequel? Paramount's hoping their new director will be able to keep things on track!

THR reports that Juan Antonio Bayona, who last directed the fright flick The Orphanage, has signed a deal to direct the sequel to Paramount and Skydance Productions' World War Z.

Bayona was on the very short shortlist of directors a few weeks ago. He met with Pitt, who produced Z via his Plan B banner and is also producing the sequel, before getting the gig. No writers are attached at this stage, but Bayona will oversee the writing process.

Stay tuned, kids!

World War Z Blu-ray

World War Z Blu-ray

Beat off the dead in the comments section below!

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Gus Bjork's picture

Sorry, but you'll have to include me in the Not a Fan of Pacific Rim Fan Club (the NFPRFC). I thought it was forgettable. I understand the live action cartoon and the whole homage to whole Japanese giant robot whatever. My response is then 'why bother?'. Why set out to purposely make a boring, character free movie? That doesn't make any sense. It was the same reaction I had at World War Z. Just pointless more than bad.

Obviously, my opinion only. If you loved Pacific Rim more power to you.

Submitted by Gus Bjork on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 5:18pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

This & Pac Rim my two biggest disappointments from last Summer, dont fear they will have a follow up to that shitfest as well because it made alot of $!!!

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Thu, 12/12/2013 - 1:29pm.
frank_dracman's picture

Go sit in the corner with Kidd. You guys love to hate the glorious nonsense that is Pacific Rim. Why, oh why can't you curmudgeons just enjoy the live action cartoon?

You are right about WWZ, that was an insulting piece of shit.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Thu, 12/12/2013 - 6:45pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

I didn't hate either they were both craptasic worthy of a matinee nothing more both had so much potential to be epic classics but failed to deliver the goods if you dug it good for you sure didn't meet my expectations totally forgettable.Why you gotta bring Kidd into this?, now you know you started something! LOL

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 12:24pm.
frank_dracman's picture

I think you two are the only ones here who really disliked Pacific Rim. Honestly, I would cut about a half hour out of the middle and give the other Jagers more screen time. Those are my only complaints about that.

Now WWZ is a whole other matter. I could write a collage grade dissertation on what's wrong with that shitheap. If they just would have called it "Brad Pitt VS Zombies", not only would it have been more accurate but wouldn't have pissed off so many fans of the book. It's exactly like "Tom Cruise VS Aliens", or as we know it, War Of The Worlds.

And I'm not trying to evoke the wrath of He Who Shall Not Be Named. Just making an observation. :)

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 2:56pm.
The Buz's picture

Nope. I disliked it quite a bit too.

Submitted by The Buz on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 6:35pm.

THE PROGRAM WAS NOT RUNNING!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Sat, 12/14/2013 - 3:38am.
frank_dracman's picture

Oh shit! How could I have possibly forgotten about you! That is one of my favorite Dinner for Fiends. You raving like a goddamn lunatic was one of the greatest things ever, even if you 100% wrong. ;)

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 6:49pm.
nazo's picture

You've said his name twice. Don't say it again!

Submitted by nazo on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 2:07pm.
Rottenjesus's picture

And yet no word on a sequel to PACIFIC RIM, a movie that is a hundred times better than this Brad Pitt shitt fest?

The world is a cruel and unfair place!

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 3:47pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

last word was that they're currently working on concepts/stories.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Thu, 12/12/2013 - 4:04am.

I hope the zombies in the sequel actually start to change into human sized ants. That would be cool!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 3:03am.
frank_dracman's picture

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Submitted by frank_dracman on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 2:57pm.
GODFLESH69's picture

I guess this is what the masses want cluster... zombies as soulless as the undead it depicts in no way deserving of a trilogy .

Submitted by GODFLESH69 on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 1:07am.