Harvey Weinstein Wants Ghostface to Kill One More Time in Scream 5

Harvey Weinstein Wants Ghostface to Kill One More Time in Scream 5At Switzerland's Zurich Film Festival, which began just a few days ago and runs through October 6th, Harvey Weinstein opened up about the possibility of a fifth installment in the Scream franchise, expressing interest in milking the cash cow one last time.

As per Indiewire, Harvey revealed that he's been urging his brother, Bob, to take one final stab at the franchise. "Everyone lived in ‘Scream 4," he said, implying that there's fertile ground for another sequel. "I'm begging him to do the movie and just end it. We've milked that cow."

With a television series based on the films currently being developed for MTV, it seems rather unnecessary to even make another movie, if you're asking me. Leave the poor cow alone, brothers Weinstein; I think her nipples are plenty sore enough.

Start screaming in the comments section below!

Source: IndieWire

The look of Ghostface has always been more appealing to me than the movies themselves. As time goes on, I find myself despising Kevin Williamson's sickeningly hip writing style. As for Craven, the man lost his edge a loooong time ago.

I would love to see what Alexandre Aja could do with such an iconic character like Ghostface. Of course the Weinsteins would inevitably fuck things up anyway.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 7:36pm.
frank_dracman's picture

They made a Scream 4? I know I saw, it but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about the stupid movie. Just let it go, guys. NO ONE is asking for a 5th.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 6:51pm.
moderator All I remember is that the

All I remember is that the killer reveal was too short to have been the killer in the movie. Well that and the fact that Dewey and Gail had zero chemistry.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 7:20pm.
kiddcapone's picture

It was a tribute to the scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when Ghostface was a monkey...Scream 4's killer reveal was just as logical.

Wes Craven is an overrated hack. A Nightmare on Elm Street was the equivalent of winning the Power Ball in his career. Fuck Bruce Willis? No sorry, Fuck the Scream series.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 7:01am.
frank_dracman's picture

Oh come on. You didn't like The Curse? You know, the movie where the werewolf literally gives the finger to the audience? Or Shocker, where Skinner hops from TV to TV like a fucking cartoon? Surely you love Deadly Friend!
Yes, the guy truly is a hack, but I still love Swamp Thing and will defend Adrienne Barbeau's permed hair and boobies till death.

Submitted by frank_dracman on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 8:26am.

I... actually like Deadly Friend. I think New Nightmare is good as well as the original, and the first Scream. The rest of his films are a mixed bag from aquired taste to objectively awful.

Submitted by Chernobyl Kinsman on Tue, 10/01/2013 - 11:11am.
Rottenjesus's picture

OF COURSE HE DOES! HE LIVES ON THE MONEY OF FOOLS! HE'S A VAMPIRE! A GODDAMN SOUL-SUCKING VAMPIRE WHO WILL NEVER EVER DIE!

Yes I know I just described 90% of Hollywood executives but I had to vent.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 6:32pm.