Preview of and Two Clips from Dexter Ep. 8.06 - A Little Reflection; Wrap-Up of Ep. 8.05 - This Little PiggyWe're coming up to the halfway point of the final season of "Dexter," which means it's time for "A Little Reflection." And Hannah's (Yvonne Strahovski) return. But first let's do a wrap-up of this week's Ep. 8.05, "This Little Piggy," with producer Scott Reynolds, who also wrote it.

For more info be sure to visit the official "Dexter" page on Showtime, "like" "Dexter" on Facebook, follow "Dexter" on Twitter, and stop by the "Dexter" Tumblr page, which serves as the hub for fan-created content.

"Dexter" Episode 8.05 - "This Little Piggy" (aired 7/28/13)
Dr. Vogel (Charlotte Rampling) comes into contact with the "Brain Surgeon.'' Dexter (Michael C. Hall) and Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) try to keep the doctor safe. Masuka (C. S. Lee) learns he has a daughter (Dora Madison Burge). Written by Scott Reynolds and directed by Romeo Tirone.

"Dexter" Episode 8.06 - "A Little Reflection" (8/4/13)
Dexter monitors a young sociopath. Dexter and Deb get back to normal but are surprised by a visit from Hannah (Yvonne Strahovski). Written by James Manos, Jr., and directed by John Dahl.

Dexter Season 8

Get back to normal in the comments section below!

kiddcapone's picture

For a series in it's final season, I certainly expected a lot more 'holy shit' moments and so far there's been none. Zero. It's actually been boring. It better pick up the pace and fast, but I seriously doubt it.

Here's my prediction: The doctor teaches the young kid the Dexter "rules". The kid protégé goes on to kill Dexter at the end and basically take over the role. Out with the old, in with the new. Debra and Quinn finally get together and adopt Harrison. This opens up the door for a spinoff down the line.

Submitted by kiddcapone on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 2:34pm.
moderator Yeah, it's definitely been
Debi Moore's picture

Yeah, it's definitely been underwhelming this season. I'm actually enjoying True Blood more, which is pretty pitiful. I really hope they don't have that kid take over - so cliche!

Submitted by Debi Moore on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 3:22pm.
kiddcapone's picture

Very cliché, it's sad. But unless things go off the rails, and quickly at that, we're left with that option or Dexter kills him and the show ends, like every single season.

I mean, seriously, is this how they really wanted to go out? After 5 episodes, we're supposed to be saying "holy shit" and "wow, I can't believe it" at this point. There should be 20 different directions the show can turn and we're dying to see what happens next. Right now, it's like, Hey it's 9, I guess I'll watch Dexter while I'm ironing my shirt for work tomorrow...Hoooo Hummmmmmm.....

Submitted by kiddcapone on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 5:08pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

He won't.

Dexter will kill him after 3-4 episodes.

That's almost worse, though. Because they're just filling the show's final season with filler nonsense.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 3:47pm.

Dexter lost me when Deb started being attracted to him randomly for no fucking reason. Didn't help that the writing overall went downhill and the show as a whole became pretty stupid at the same time.

Submitted by Chernobyl Kinsman on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 1:05pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

I'm starting not to like this season. They're not treating this as the endgame that DEXTER deserves. It just feels like more casually-paced nonsense.

Hannah can't get here soon enough. Even if her part in this season doesn't help the story, at least I'll have something pretty to look it.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 11:13am.
Sirand's picture

This has honestly been Dexter's problem since day one. The whole show is as routine as a sitcom. The characters are great and have kept me watching...but given the subject matter, they've barely taken any risks in 8 seasons.

Submitted by Sirand on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 7:02pm.