New Video Takes Closer Look At DmC: Devil May Cry Combat

DmC: Devil May Cry (review here) is available now, and a new video showcasing some of the advanced gameplay of DmC is here. Players can also get ready for a new costume pack which will arrive on January 29th and expect Bloody Palace mode in the near future.

Synopsis:
Developed by Ninja Theory, DmC: Devil May Cry sees the return of iconic video game character Dante. In a retelling of his origin story, DmC: Devil May Cry retains the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series but injects it with a more brutal and visceral edge. Dante knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, Dante must discover what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel with the help of his twin brother, Vergil, leader of the anti-establishment group “The Order”.

The price for all three costumes which are Classic (DMC3 era) Dante, Dark Dante, and Neo Dante can be purchased for $4.00/€3.99 / £3.19 and 320 MSP.

Visit the official DmC: Devil May Cry website to learn more.

New Video Takes Closer Look At DmC: Devil May Cry Combat

New Video Takes Closer Look At DmC: Devil May Cry Combat

New Video Takes Closer Look At DmC: Devil May Cry Combat

DmC: Devil May Cry

Have an attitude in the comments section below!

And while I'm at it, if the change is so superficial and unimportant, why make the change at all?!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 6:34pm.

That's not going to make the game any more fun. Dante's a douche with or without the white hair and so is Vergil. What really makes no sense is the fact that they decided to let Vergil retain his hair color. I guess there can't be two demon hybrids with white hair. This game contains the most boring fucking boss battles I've ever witnessed. Not only that, but the platforming mechanics are incredibly aggravating at times. I was about three levels away from completing this travesty and I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Since physical character traits don't make characters iconic, let's get rid of Mario's cap! Why does he need it anyway? We need to be fresh! Fuck this game.......

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 6:29pm.
moderator I thought you weren't buying

I thought you weren't buying it? Dante has been a wise cracking douche since the first game. That hasn't changed at all, and this version of him is very much like the Dante we've always had. They gave him a haircut and he's a bit younger. That's really the only difference and it's far from drastic. He plays the same, he dresses the same, and even his facial structure is basically the same except more youthful. As for how the game plays it's lightyears better than DMC 4. Still, just opinions. Speaking of which no entry in this series could ever equal the majesty that was DMC 3.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 7:10pm.

The fanboy in me couldn't pass it up. The old Dante was a wise cracker, but he fucking earned it. And he certainly was no douche. I'm no prude, but listening to this new emo Dante spout off foul language at his enemies made me cringe. Shit, even that Tron boss called Dante an emo bitch. As for his look, if it were so similar, why would Capcom offer the old-school costume as dlc? To satisfy the fans who hated this look from the start of course; at an added cost.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 9:26pm.
moderator I dunno man, the extra

I dunno man, the extra attitude worked for me. As for his initial costume, Dante's look has changed from game to game. They could offer every outfit since DMC 1. Now you're complaining about micro transactions! LOL

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 9:30pm.

The red trench coat has always been an iconic part of Dante's look. Same goes for the hair. I've said it before, would Mario be Mario without the fucking cap and the overalls? No, no he wouldn't. And for Ninja Theory to mock the original look during a cut-scene just goes to show the level of disrespect they have for the fans and the original developers. This game pissed me off nearly as much as ME3. And that's saying something!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 9:49pm.
moderator He's wearing the red trench

He's wearing the red trench coat. Again, he has a haircut and he's a bit younger. It's just a skin and this game is a prequel. As for the "mocking" part I actually thought that was pretty funny and a nice nod to what came before it. Or being that this is supposed to be a prequel what comes ahead. The irony is that he ends up looking that way.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 10:07pm.
moderator There! Now can people stop

There! Now can people stop complaining about the way Dante looks and start enjoying the game?

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 4:31pm.
Rob's picture

Creepy, you're fighting a losing battle. People are never going to stop complaining about how Dante looks. The look of the character is part of the appeal, and to change it well naturally cause criticism. I myself, being a big Devil May Cry fan, was pissed off about the look at first. It's like if in God of War 4 or 5 Kratos was suddenly tan blonde or something.

That said however, the gameplay looks fun, and I love the idea of a combo practice mode, so I'll definitely be buying this once the price goes down. Still not too crazy about his look even with the silver hair, but it's not going to stop me from picking it up and getting enjoyment out of it.

Submitted by Rob on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 5:28pm.
moderator Been fighting losing battles

Been fighting losing battles my whole life. Nothing new there.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 5:50pm.