Take a Look at the Halloween Film that Never Was

Here's a rare treat for you cats. A look at a Halloween film that never was. Get set to dig on some stills and a video that tell of a far different Michael Myers rampage than what we got from Rob Zombie. Check it out!

According to Bloody Disgusting, the following video and images were created as a pitch for Dimension Films’ next Halloween, when Platinum Dunes was aboard to produce (they aren’t anymore). Federico D’Alessandro, the head storyboard artist and animatics supervisor over at Marvel Studios (who worked on Thor, Captain America, and Avengers as well as Iron Man 3 and Thor 2), contacted the site with an animatic video short and some keyframes used to sell himself to Platinum Dunes.

As a lifelong ‘Halloween’ fan it would be a dream to direct a reboot of the franchise that’s so near and dear to my heart,” said D’Alessandro. “I created this animatic to show the tone and storytelling that I would bring to the project if I were lucky enough to have that chance.” He added, “It turned out pretty cool, but unfortunately while I was in the middle of working on it, talks fell through between Platinum Dunes and the Weinsteins…so I missed the boat on that one.

Take a Look at the Halloween Film that Never Was

Take a Look at the Halloween Film that Never Was

Take a Look at the Halloween Film that Never Was

Take a Look at the Halloween Film that Never Was

Imagine a better movie in the comments section below!

Source: Bloody Disgusting

Wow. Was that amazing? Yes. Should this guy be allowed to direct a movie very soon? Yes. Did that work as an idea for Halloween? In my opinion, no. It was cool but indicative of what Platinum Dunes often does. It was a very large (ie expensive) set piece that would be cool to see but doesn't evoke suspense or terror. Zombie told the story of Michael Myers, the human. That man is dead and what was left behind is the embodiment of evil, The Shape. I want to respect the original while pushing the franchise towards something new and utterly terrifying. Evil is everywhere, lurking behind every corner, and it can not be stopped. Evil truly does never die.

If you want to see an awesome Halloween, sign the petition. Help me get closer to realizing a vision to please the fans. Help resurrect THE SHAPE! SIGN THE PETITION! Fans unite.

Submitted by MakeThisAMovies on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 11:35pm.
Jerel Of The Dead's picture

Are you the same guy that was trying to get everyone to sign the petition to make Rob Zombie reshoot Halloween 2?

Submitted by Jerel Of The Dead on Wed, 09/19/2012 - 8:13am.

Hm? No. lol. I wasn't aware of that one. I actually enjoyed Rob Zombie's Halloween films on the basis that they WERE Rob Zombie films, and they worked within his style of film-making. I don't think they were very successful as Halloween films. My idea is a somewhat reboot that still continues from where Zombie's H2 left off but pulls the franchise into a different direction that will please fans while respecting the original franchise, and be heavy on suspense. The idea is that Zombie told the story of Myers, the man. I'm more interested in the evil left behind, The Shape.

We're getting close to 100 signatures, but the goal is 1000. So...we have a ways to go.

I need everyone's help. Check the petition out. If you like what you hear. sign it, and spread the word. I honestly believe Hollywood will listen up and we can have Michael Myers back in true form.

Submitted by MakeThisAMovies on Wed, 09/19/2012 - 10:56pm.
BoyWonder513's picture

More than anything else, this just makes me sad that the Halloween that I knew and loved is never going to happen again. Is it really that hard to make a horror film based on tension and the unknown, instead explaining fucking everything and having killed bursting through walls and (ridiculously) ceilings?

Submitted by BoyWonder513 on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 11:18pm.
Matt Serafini's picture

That was great.

A shame we'll probably never see another Halloween movie that good again.

Submitted by Matt Serafini on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 8:50pm.
Sirand's picture

A very exciting approach that Platinum Dunes would've completely ruined. That production company combined with the Weinsteins would have been cinematic death. This guy doesn't realize the bullet he dodged.

Submitted by Sirand on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 7:15pm.

I wouldn't trust anything in PD's hands, but then could they have done worse than Rob Zombie?

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 6:07pm.
LifeMi's picture

Yes; Platinum Dunes would've made a worse movie than Zombie's remake. As for his sequel...I don't know if even Ulli Lommel could've made a worse movie.

Submitted by LifeMi on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 6:19pm.

Still a rhetorical question. And I think the magnitude of suck would have been on par with Rob Zombie's soulless meal passes.

Submitted by Terminal on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 7:28pm.
Jerel Of The Dead's picture

Platinum Dunes would have fucked this up royaly, but that was cool.

Submitted by Jerel Of The Dead on Tue, 09/18/2012 - 4:46pm.