More Details on the Failed Evil Dead 4 Sequel; Big Trouble in Little China 2?

More Details on the Failed Evil Dead 4 Remake; Big Trouble in Little China 2?So, about those guys from Awards Pictures who were gonna do a sequel to Sam Raimi's Evil Dead but were promptly bitch-slapped back into their place... they're friggin' crazy. Read on for additional details concerning their failed film and more!

MovieHole got some details on what would have been the completely unauthorized sequel, Evil Dead IV: Consequences:

EVIL DEAD IV: CONSEQUENCES: Horror, 136 mins. Prod co: Award Pictures. Prod/scr: Graham MacCrae, Glenn MacCrae. Budget: $71m. Pre-production. Delivery date: 2004. Ash may need a hand fighting deadites, demons, the FBI and reality TV.

Related Story: Sam Raimi Stops Unauthorized Evil Dead 4

Well, they missed their delivery date, but they're nothing if not tenacious. And that budget! That runtime! A replaced Ash as you know Bruce Campbell would have had NOTHING to do with this crap! Yes, dearest reader! We may have just dodged another bullet the likes of which was first fired by Taurus and their incredibly awful Day of the Dead 2: Contagium (review).

Even funnier? The article also makes mention that apparently Awards Pictures was also looking to create a sequel to John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China with a budget of $75 million. Really?

Thanks to DC reader Jessica Lea Svenson for the heads-up!

Now then! If you'll excuse us, we're getting back to waiting for E.T. 2: Extinction. For more on that one dig on the official E.T.: Extinction website, the Robert Blankenheim website, and E.T.: Extinction on Facebook.

More Details on the Failed Evil Dead 4 Remake; Big Trouble in Little China 2?

Phone home for help in the comments section below.

Source: MovieHole

DavidFullam's picture

A sequel to Big Trouble? Those bitches need to face the wrath of Lo-Pan!!!

Submitted by DavidFullam on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 9:57am.

I saw that ET trailer a few years back. That would be cool. As for Evil Dead 4, if theres no Bruce Campbell theres no movie. And Big Trouble In Little China 2? Thats just funny. The original wasnt one of Carpenters best but it had its ups and downs. Just imagine if they remade it.

Submitted by JB Demented on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 7:33pm.
nazo's picture

Oh, I disagree. Big Trouble In Little China is absolutely brilliant.

Submitted by nazo on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 8:26pm.
moderator I loved every second of Big

I loved every second of Big Trouble in Little China!

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 7:41pm.
kiddcapone's picture

You and me both! Every line of dialogue is fucking hilarious. The characters are amazing. The story is awesome. The soundtrack is great. It's a virtual perfect movie. I never get sick of watching it. I even have a Big Trouble mousepad that I use at work.

Love love love the movie!

Submitted by kiddcapone on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 10:42pm.
Gareth Jones's picture

Big Trouble in Little China is the epitomy of the Midnight Movie. You
can't get much more perfect than that.

It's all in the reflexes!

Shit, I just might have to watch it right now.

Submitted by Gareth Jones on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 10:51pm.
Screamz's picture

Holy shit, that E.T. trailer was hilarious. I would so go see that movie...

Submitted by Screamz on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 5:36pm.

It's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Submitted by Steve Barton on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 7:14pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Well...that answered my question. $71million...no period, that's a hell of a lot of money; far too much for an Evil Dead film.

I just gotta wonder where the hell they were gonna come up with $71million for an unauthorized sequel; hell Franchise Pictures couldn't be that crafty with their books.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 5:17pm.

I was really hoping ET was going to save us from the Jonas Brothers.

Submitted by addeisdead on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 3:33pm.
Vanvance1's picture

71 million... I'll bet Raimi didn't spent more than a tenth of that on the Evil Dead remake.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Wed, 08/29/2012 - 3:41pm.