“American Horror Story: Coven” graces the cover of this week’s EW so along with some tidbits about Ep. 308, “The Sacred Taking,” we have a few badass photos and teasers about the end of Season 3 like the possible return of Stevie Nicks!
What can we look forward to in “AHS: Coven” Episode 3.08, “The Sacred Taking,” which doesn’t air until December 4th? Here are the highlights from EW.com‘s recent chat with exec producer Ryan Murphy.
“American Horror Story: Coven” Episode 3.08 – “The Sacred Taking” (airs 12/4/13)
Cordelia (Sarah Paulson) rallies the girls in the fight to stop Fiona (Jessica Lange) while a dangerous new enemy puts Misty (Lily Rabe) in the cross hairs. The rivalry between Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett) and Delphine (Kathy Bates) comes to a head.
Q: What can you say about LaLaurie’s future?
Well, I just think now that Marie Laveau has her back, she is going to make her life a living hell and she’s going to get her revenge. I think if LaLaurie thought living underground for all eternity was hell, she hasn’t seen nothing yet! It’s sort of an interesting synthesis of the rock up the hill idea because she can’t die. So Marie Laveau can really make her pay over and over and over again and feel pain and yet not die. So we have a lot of interesting episodes dealing with that.
Q: Is Queenie fully immersed in the voodoo witches?
Yes, she’s trying to acclimate with that culture. She finds it both liberating, but the truth of the matter is she does miss her friends over at the Robichaux house. She’s a lady torn.
Q: Is that truly the end of Spalding?
…[H]e does come back of course. I think Spalding as a ghostly entity is almost more interesting than real life Spalding because he has many, many, many secrets. He knows where literally all the bodies are buried. The question is: Who is he going to come back to protect?
Q: Will we see more flashbacks like Kyle’s?
We’re working on a great one right now that shows you how Madame LaLaurie became Madame LaLaurie. So we’re researching what actually happened to her. How did she go from being this creature to Jeffrey Dahmer? What happened?
Q: Will the final eps be about Cordelia plotting Fiona’s death?
Well, something happens in the next episode that is very eye-opening and illuminating for Cordelia which is this idea that no matter how much she hates her mother and no matter how horrible she is, Fiona really is the strongest witch of them all. Do you get rid of your strongest player at a time when the witch hunters are trying to kill you? Also, Fiona is so smart she’s going to know if her daughter is trying to off her. Do you think she’s going to stand for that? I don’t think so. I feel something bad is in the works for Ms. Cordelia.
Q: Is Hank going to unleash war on the witches?
Well, he’s planning a big, big, big doomsday event, which we deal with in our winter cliffhanger, which is two episodes from now. It’s not pretty. It’s a great episode called “Head.” Everything is about things that happen in the head. If you saw the cover of Entertainment Weekly, you can kind surmise what happens to Kathy Bates.
Q: What can you say about the next episode?
It’s called “The Sacred Taking.” It’s a tradition that dates back to the Salem days. Sometimes to protect other witches, a witch is allowed to create a sacred act, which is taking her own life. It is about that idea, and the question is you know Fiona’s not going to go there on her own accord so the other witches try and get her to a place of trying to do that.
Q: How did Stevie Nicks’ guest appearance go?
You know, Stevie is just fantastic. I don’t think Lily Rabe has recovered. She was great. She gets to sing. She does a little acting, which she was great in. The great thing is Stevie has some wonderful ideas based on some of her songs so we were like, “Oh we’re going to use that.” So we’re actually going to try and have Stevie come back and do another episode because she’s so good.
Now here are five of the ten teases Murphy gave the magazine. Be sure to hit the link below for the rest!
1. A new Supreme will be chosen: “Coven’s” January 29th finale, which reveals Fiona’s (Jessica Lange) successor, will unfold a tad differently from previous “AHS” conclusions. “It usually is a very nihilistic ending. But this year is different because it’s an incredibly dark-comedy ending, which I like,” says Murphy, who continues, “Nobody has guessed who the Supreme is.”
2. Cordelia will regain her sight: Miss Robichaux’s headmistress will see again…at least for a while. “She does get her sight back from something Myrtle (Frances Conroy) does that’s incredibly gory and devious,” explains Murphy. “She’s also going to find out a lot of secrets about her husband that throw her into a midlife-crisis breakdown, which is very juicy.”
3. We haven’t seen the last of the religious-fanatic neighbors: Promises the producer, “Joan [Patti LuPone] has a big story coming up. She has many episodes left.” [Writer’s note: YAY!]
4. Get ready for voodoo Satan: That would be “Coven’s” take on Papa Legba, who stands between the living and the dead. “You find out that’s how come Marie Laveau looks so good — because she sold her soul years ago. He’s a very dark, funny, popular spirit.”
5. We will see the Seven Wonders: The new Supreme will perform the much-talked-about series of challenges that prove her dominance. “We have not done that ceremony [yet], and I always knew that would be the last episode.”
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Form a coven in the comments section below!