Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Trailer Burns up the Net

After months of sweaty anticipation, the trailer for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is finally here and ready to wrap a fiery chain around your throats. Hey, it's Friday. Why not get a little kinky?

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, stars Nicolas Cage, Nicolas Cage's hair, Idris Elba, Johnny Whitworth, Violante Placido and Ciaran Hinds. The movie finds Johnny Blaze, aka Ghost Rider (Cage), hiding out in remote Eastern Europe and struggling to repress his curse. Blaze is recruited by a sect to take on the devil (Hinds), who wants to take over his mortal son’s body on the boy’s birthday. Its scheduled release date is February 17, 2012.

Synopsis
It has been several years since making a deal with the Devil and Johnny Blaze (Nicolas Cage), living in self-imposed isolation, finds himself as the only person who can help save 10-year-old Danny – and ultimately the world – thanks to his unwanted and uncontrollable power – his ability to transform into the hell-on-wheels monster known as The Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Trailer Burns up the Net

Fear the widow's peak Cage will be rockin' in the comments section below!

Source: Apple

nazo's picture

Eh, looks like a generic superhero action trailer to me. But it's got Cage in it, so there's a good chance of hilarity.

Submitted by nazo on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 10:41pm.
Vanvance1's picture

As a long time fan of the character (yes I collected the complete original series) I'm hoping this is better than the first. Hell, it couldn't be worse.

I did very much enjoy the Crank movies and even Gamer was pretty good.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 6:42pm.
nonserviam03's picture

Yeah, I like GR's redesign a LOT, and I'm glad that Blackout actually fucking looks like Blackout haha.

Submitted by nonserviam03 on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 5:30pm.
Shambling_in_Bandages's picture

Liking the look of the crispy, cracked leather, I must say.

Submitted by Shambling_in_Ba... on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 5:10pm.

I LOVE the charred look of Ghostrider! It seems Neveldine and Taylor gave the film massive balls; something the first was sorely lacking. Here's hoping we get a hard R this time around!

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 4:10pm.
Foywonder's picture

"Here's hoping we get a hard R this time around!"

Not happening. Not in a million years. The studio is already taking a giant enough risk with millions of dollars just producing a sequel at all and they only rushed this into production at the last second to prevent the rights from reverting back to Marvel/Disney. Those of you getting so excited over this trailer seriously need to lower your expectations.

Submitted by Foywonder on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 8:06pm.

Blade 1 and 2 secured R Ratings. As for my expectations, there is no way in hell Neveldine and Taylor could bore me like that hack Mark Johnson bored me. I can deal with stupid writing. The thing I can't tolerate is stupid movies that aren't FUN. Johnson couldn't make a fun movie even if he filmed himself getting beaten with a sack full of dildos.

Submitted by LSD Zombie on Sat, 08/20/2011 - 12:29am.
Vanvance1's picture

I hated the last Ghost Rider, true. But I like the director's cut of Daredevil. Having collected the early run of that one I appreciate his passable use of the Frank Miller storyline.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Sat, 08/20/2011 - 1:19am.
Rottenjesus's picture

Yeah, this looks pretty good.

Submitted by Rottenjesus on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 3:19pm.
theGoldenSimatar's picture

Gotta say, looks pretty fun.

Submitted by theGoldenSimatar on Fri, 08/19/2011 - 2:48pm.