On Friday the 13th Discover Real Life Monsters

Investigation DiscoveryWhile Freddy, Jason and Michael are great, there is something about real life monsters that captures the imagination. The idea that there is something out there that is real and YOU could run into it, now that is scary (and awesome).

This Friday the 13th of May, you can get some real life scares as Investigation Discovery brings you a whole night filled with the scariest things you'll hope you never run into. ID will start things off with the premiere of the documentary PIG FARM from 9-11 PM (ET), a chilling film that chronicles the life of Robert Pickton, Canada’s most prolific serial killer and the alleged murderer of as many as 49 women.

Then, from 11 PM-12 Midnight (ET), ID will encore AMERICAN OCCULT: BLOOD LUST, taking viewers into the sinister world of self-professed vampires and Satan worshippers. Closing out the night, ID will premiere LORE: DEADLY OBSESSION in a special ‘Midnight Madness’ showing on Saturday, May 14 from 12 Midnight-2 AM (ET). LORE tells the terrifying tale of Richard Trenton Chase, better known as the “Vampire of Sacramento,” a deranged monster who went on a bloody rampage that shook California’s state capital in the winter of 1978.

And because we love you, we have some videos here for you to check out. Dig it.

"Lore" Promo Video

Behind the Scenes of "Lore"

You can check out more about Investigation Discovery and all of their shows on their official website.

From the Press Release
Premiering at 9 PM, PIG FARM delves into the life of farmer Robert Pickton during the years that women began going missing in Vancouver. Several former acquaintances and employees reveal on-camera that they kept key information hidden from police that could have changed the investigation’s course and perhaps spared the lives of more than two dozen victims. Their revelations, coupled with an audio recording of Pickton himself, paint a chilling portrait of life on the pig farm where the crimes were committed and, eventually, human remains were found. In 2007, Pickton was convicted of the murders of six women and is currently awaiting charges for 20 more.

Then, ‘Midnight Madness’ takes on a whole new meaning with the two-hour scripted docu drama, LORE: DEADLY OBSESSION at 12 AM, portraying the real reign of terror that elevated Richard Trenton Chase to the realm of lore and legend, leaving many to believe that a vampire-like creature was stalking the streets of Sacramento, California.

Investigate in the comments section below!

Source: Investigation Discovery

dougevil's picture

Take a nap man, you are making mighty big leaps in assumption.

Submitted by dougevil on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 2:12am.
Vanvance1's picture

This isn't horror, this is simply bad taste in film form. The glorification of real life assholes isn't the horror we should be supporting, it's simply low class sensationalism of the sort that drags society down into the muck.

To the creators of this I say 'fuck you, and I wish Pickton had killed each and every one of you assholes for making the world an uglier place.'

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 05/05/2011 - 4:51am.
dougevil's picture

I think you may have some anger issues.

There are many of our readers that really enjoy these dramatization horror stories- and stories of "real-life monsters" people that are fascinated by the stories. It's not different than any "true crime" story. And I don't think it's fair to issue a blanket fuck you to their fans and the creators and everyone that looks like them because you don't like it.

A demented person who believes themselves to be a real vampire and kills people...nah- that has no place in horror.

BTW- have you seen Martin? Interesting film.

Submitted by dougevil on Thu, 05/05/2011 - 12:12pm.
Vanvance1's picture

Yes, I've seen Martin and I understand fiction writers will take inspiration from real life events. At the same time I believe there is a difference between inspired fiction and blatant low class sensationalism wherein certain serial killers are glorified and earn fans for their work.

You said: Stories inspired by real life events are not new- most horror is based on some event that has occured.

I believe MOST horror stories are fiction and works of imagination (i.e ghosts, zombies and other supernatural happenings).

I feel a blanket 'fuck you' for entertainment that panders to the worst part of human beings is entirely fair. I extend my blanket 'fuck you' to reality television and any and all tv that creates celebrity out of no talent idiots.

Finally, you said: "I think you may have some anger issues." For that I further extend my 'fuck you' to you. It's nice that you debated the content but you had to launch a personal attack before you got to that point.

My 'issue' Mr. Pop Psychologist, is that I like to speak my mind in what I believe to be an open forum designed for such debate.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Thu, 05/05/2011 - 5:23pm.
dougevil's picture

Easy Tiger. It's a slippery slope to start demonizing sub genres within a genre already under constant scrutiny. If you don't like it, cool. But it's kind of silly to bash the people who do like it. It's not snuff films. I'm sure your favorites could be judged too. What does that gain? Judge the product individually not a group as a whole.

Submitted by dougevil on Thu, 05/05/2011 - 11:08pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I realize we live in a PC society wherein 'judgement' has become a dirty word. This despite the truth that each and every one of us does it each and every day. Screw the anti-judgement hippie dogma. It's not practical, believable or sane. You review something you judge it, you like or dislike something you're judging it.

If people want to judge my favourites, go for it. I'm happy to stand up and defend them just as I feel it's important to point out when something is unhealthy for the genre (or as in the case of 'Twilight') not truly a part of it.

It's a slippery slope when you confuse horror fans with fans of real life serial killers like Pickton. The latter deserve demonization.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 1:32am.