Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller from Reverb Publishing will be unleashing its madness onto PC soon. Players will be able to jump into an episodic story where you are Erica Reed, an FBI agent with the power of post-cognition.
Now it is your job to track down a serial killer and the choices you make will be critical to your success!
From the Press Release
Reverb Publishing has unveiled new screens from its forthcoming adventure Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller. The game is the first commercial release from fledgling developer Phoenix Online Studios – renowned creators of the King’s Quest fan game The Silver Lining. An episodic story in the spirit of Dexter and Heavy Rain, Cognition stars Erica Reed, an FBI agent in Boston, Massachusetts, who lost her brother years ago to a serial killer who was never caught.
In the high-stress hunt to save him, she began developing the strange and uncontrolled power of post-cognition: by touching an object, she can see its past, events that happened on, to, or around it. When she comes across a crime scene that has clues that were left specifically for someone with her abilities, a new hunt is on. Who knows her secret? How? And what do they want from her? Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller will be available for PC soon, price to be confirmed.
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As a fully narrative driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over four episodes of thrilling mystery. Supported by voiced narration, this story is truly engaging.
- Fully-Realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Mind-Bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the lineup includes members of Khaeon Gamestudio and renowned designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) lending her expertise to the story.
- Your Choices Matter – Each puzzle and situation has several different ways to be completed and solved, which ensures different paths for Erica to take to solve the mystery.
You can visit the official Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller website to learn more about the game.
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Solve murders in the comments section below!