Exclusive: Early Look at FEARnet's Animated Horror/Comedy Series, Mari-Kari

With the summer season fast approaching, most shows are lapsing into reruns until the fall, leaving audiences hungry for new and interesting content. And that's where the good people at FEARnet come into play, as they ready their new animated horror/comedy series, Mari-Kari. And we've got an early look today, just for you!

The comedy will be voiced by Brenda Walsh herself, Shannen Doherty, and will make its bow on June 3, with subsequent new episodes premiering in pairs every Thursday in June on FEARnet. Dig on the synopsis below, and keep scrolling for your exclusive look at the titular characters!

“Mari-Kari” begins with Mari’s return to school after the recent and unexplained death of her sister, Kari. Calamity and hilarity ensue as the revenge-minded Kari unleashes her wrath on everyone who torments and teases her sweet-natured sister. Set in the ordinary world of Mari, viewers see how her supernatural sisterly bond affects her life at home, at school, on the bus, at the mall – and how her life and her sister’s lack of one makes them a very scary pair. Their close relationship has a dire effect on anyone who has the ill fate of coming between them.

The animated series’ tongue-in-cheek action unfolds over eight, 1-2 minute episodes built in flash and inspired by Japanese anime. Jody Schaeffer is the director as well as the writer and creator. Executive producers are Austin Reading and Jim Burns. Keith Fay also serves as a writer for the series.

EXCLUSIVE: Early Look at FEARnet's Animated Horror/Comedy Series, Mari-Kari

Watch this spot for all the latest and greatest on this promising little series. I know I can't wait to check it out!

- MattFini

Kill your evil twin sister in the Dread Central forums!

James Coker's picture

Yes Terminal Chiller is pretty awful, hell they severly censor their showings of Tales from the Crypt.What the Fuck...BUT I always did LOVE! their "Dare to Direct" short film contest they USED to show every halloween...boy do i miss that

Submitted by James Coker on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 3:29am.
FireRam's picture

That's ashame that "Chiller" is such. I was completely unaware of "Chiller" anyway. Thanks to FearNet(On-demand service), I was introduced to Hard Candy and High Tension.

----------------------------------------------------
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,and I approved this message.

Submitted by FireRam on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 10:16pm.
Vanvance1's picture

I only need to see the word anime to know I won't be watching something.

Submitted by Vanvance1 on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 7:05pm.

Is FearNet a good channel? We only have Chiller.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 6:41pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

FearNet is not a channel; it's an on demand service. That being said, I sincerely hope that when Comcast's purchase of NBC Universal goes through, they rebrand Chiller FearNet, as I think they will. Maybe then Chiller will actually have more decent content, as now - under the aegis of Syfy - Chiller seems to merely be a repurposing ground for Syfy's shitty movies and reruns of series that have aired ad nauseum.

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 9:31pm.

Thanks FilmCritic300, I had no idea. Yeah Chiller is awful. My god how painful it is to sit through that. My mom watches it 24-7 just to have a horror movie on.
----------

Submitted by Terminal on Fri, 05/21/2010 - 10:30pm.
FilmCritic3000's picture

Which is a real shame, Terminal, as when Chiller launched on March 1st, 2007 and for that first year of existence, they actually aired decent horror films (albeit edited for television). And every early morning at 3AM they aired classic Universal and other black and white horror films.

Then they closed their Los Angeles offices, moved Chiller and Sleuth to 30 Rock - under the management of Syfy and USA Network, respectively, and now we've got the current crappy programming.

Again, I hope Comcast winds up rebranding Chiller as FearNet and actually makes it a horror channel worth watching, with horror news, making-of series, movies, etc.

Submitted by FilmCritic3000 on Sat, 05/22/2010 - 7:40am.